What's new

Can Coin-Ops Clean w/o Foam Brushes?

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Touchfree isn't "totally bogus". Some customers won't use friction, others are willing to accept 90% if it's convenient and priced right. They can come close, but nothing cleans as well as friction. Certainly, touch-free chemicals can be a little more potent than most of us feel comfortable putting into the hands of the SS customer. Most customers play beat the clock or shower the vehicle with the nozzle two feet away from the vehicle surface. Giving them more artillary is futile if they're going to race through the process with ineffective technique.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In SS Carwash News, JJ stated that SS was the best way to wash a car. I think he's right.

PT:

Time to 'show us yours'! Show some pictures of your carwash and your results. Put your $ where your mouth is.

Last edited:

vxo

Reaction score
My experience has been that I can't get the car clean without using the foaming brush. If I don't use it, I get black road film.

Even with use of the foaming brush, I've found that my silly little algorithm sometimes produces some black crud on the microfiber cloth I use for drying.

My technique is like this... start with presoak, switch to high pressure soap and knock down the crud, then switch to the foaming brush. Sometimes I'll let the timer run out while still using it if there's already enough soap on the car. Then, I put more coins in the timer, and use the high pressure rinse and wax, then dry with a microfiber cloth.

Also, that is an awesome car.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your description of how you wash is a great way to do it

I'm always surprised when my underbody wash does not kill the distributor/plug wires in an older car like this!

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
I'm always surprised when my underbody wash does not kill the distributor/plug wires in an older car like this!
My mother drove an old Hornet coupe years ago - the distributor would get wet when you drove through a puddle of water.

vxo

Reaction score
Your description of how you wash is a great way to do it

Mine doesn't like it! The plugs are down in deep wells, and the mushroom top on the plug wire doesn't really seal it or even come close. After lots of wet weather driving, the wells get full of water and need to be swabbed out. Fun With Misfires!