What's new

Best Sellers In Your Drop Shelf Vendors

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
All year round: Black Ice & New Car little tree brand air fresheners.

Summertime: Armorall Protectant Sponges & KleenRite White Terry Cloth Towels.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mostly Kleen-Rite - Windtrax is a tiny bit cheaper on some items, but I order a pallet of soap every few months from Kleen-Rite and have a bunch of vending stacked on top of it, so the free shipping makes it hands down the best price.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mostly Kleen-Rite - Windtrax is a tiny bit cheaper on some items, but I order a pallet of soap every few months from Kleen-Rite and have a bunch of vending stacked on top of it, so the free shipping makes it hands down the best price.
We have found that KleenRite has improved their extension of the free shipping even on back ordered items which has also been a plus. Maybe it is just me but I find it not pleasant when I order items from whoever & find that some items are back-ordered & shipped later ... nickel & dime-ing us on additional shipping. At minimum, if they need to charge additional shipping they should have a check box to allow us to choose to have the shipment shipped complete ... like Mouser in Texas always does for us. Usually when we buy vend items we have some parts included also ... hoping that they can save us further with better box arrangement etc.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

MEP001

Reaction score
You can always request the order shipped complete, or backorders to be shipped complete.

jprb

Reaction score
You can't have too much Black Ice! Also, AA Prot, AA Cleaner, Wet Towels, Blue (paper) Towels.

Those are my top sellers. I have also been selling quite a few of the vent clip air fresheners.

JPRB

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I find just the opposite. Now that Kleen Rite has opened a distribution facility in my state, they charge me sales tax. I will pick up my order from Kleen Rite and 90% of the time the shipping from Windtrax is cheaper than the sales tax from Kleen Rite.

MEP001

Reaction score
Good point. We're also in Texas, and I forgot that we're paying sales tax now. I'll have to do the math to see if the free shipping plus sales tax is a better deal than shipping from Windtrax.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I find just the opposite. Now that Kleen Rite has opened a distribution facility in my state, they charge me sales tax. I will pick up my order from Kleen Rite and 90% of the time the shipping from Windtrax is cheaper than the sales tax from Kleen Rite.
Ghetto Wash & others,

Something to consider ... if an operator's state has a use tax (which is the equivalent of the sales tax amount you would have paid) ... a gotcha audit could come back to haunt the operator whether he was aware of the use tax technicality or not. Myself & others speak from actual experience ... it is not pleasant. It does not matter if they do not enforce it on non business out of state transactions ... the auditor & his buddies will say "yoooze crazeee ... not them!"

Oh well ... it is still better than Randy's situation in Washington where all of the gross receipts are taxed & not just the vend items.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Kevin James

Reaction score
Good point. We're also in Texas, and I forgot that we're paying sales tax now. I'll have to do the math to see if the free shipping plus sales tax is a better deal than shipping from Windtrax.
DUH! Have you thought about sending in a "Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate"? When you submit the form to KR they won’t charge you sales tax. Here is the form http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/files/525d0d91-6563-431b-a92d-0ac4b3866aa4.pdf I learned that back in Basic Business for Dummies 101.

MEP001

Reaction score

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
DUH! Have you thought about sending in a "Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate"? When you submit the form to KR they won’t charge you sales tax. Here is the form http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/files/525d0d91-6563-431b-a92d-0ac4b3866aa4.pdf I learned that back in Basic Business for Dummies 101.
Kevin & others,

As long as we are shedding light on the Sales & Use Tax in relation to buying our Vend items:

Sam's Club & some other local businesses have a similar form on file for us. We checkout specifically (tax exempt just on the resale items for the tax to be paid after we resell the items. During a local non resale supplies & parts purchase checkout we say to the checkout person we are not allowed to use the tax exemption ... to stay within the law.

What is sometimes a tougher logistic is when we have to parse out on a ledger the parts, equipment & non resale supplies from our vend items that we buy from out of state companies when we calculate our quarterly USE & SALES TAX. If we don't separate the items for resale & the items we use elsewhere we would be over or under paying. Government sales tax auditors wagging their accounting degrees in front our faces are not always pleasant.

Like I said, it is still better than the overly simplified gross receipts tax on everything like Randy has in the State of Washington & some others have:mad: in similar taxing format states. Now you guys know why I am a card carrying member of the CAGW:). There are always a few who refuse to support the better logic when it comes to so many of those agendas.:(

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Last edited: