What's new

Being on-site

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Are all of your services divisible by a $1? Mine aren't. That was my only reason for wanting someone there to explain.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Where could I get one of those cigarette signs?

I think having a sign out front will help even if I am the attendant right now. We are going to be putting our new shurvend in and switching our changers over to all dollar coins. I will have to have someone there to explain the coins and help with the vendor etc...
I asked a local junk dealer who specializes in metal recycling and store buyouts. Enough businesses go under that he sees these about twice a year. I just told him to find me a couple and 3 or 4 months later, he had 2. I repained one bright blue and it looks nothing ike a cigarette sign.

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Do you keep an attendent on duty just on a busy day or even on a overcast day? I only have my Son there on the beutiful sunny weekends, I am there at the Auto repair that is attached to the wash all week. The change machine going down doen't bother me, the alarm company will call me, it is set up though the alarm panel.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My employees are cross-trained for carwash and detail.:p

Sure, I send them home if there are a few bad weather days in a row as well as few cars to detail, but there's always a project to do, something that needs fixing or things to clean, lubricate and maintain at a carwash, so I tend to keep the help very busy, active and helping me make money. When things are clean, lubed and tidy, the carwash and detail shop just do better in many important ways:D!

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Do you keep an attendent on duty just on a busy day or even on a overcast day? I only have my Son there on the beutiful sunny weekends, I am there at the Auto repair that is attached to the wash all week. The change machine going down doen't bother me, the alarm company will call me, it is set up though the alarm panel.
My attendant is there except on bad weather days. Two overcast days this week have been super busy. Since I have signage that says an attendant is there Mon-Sat 10-5, I try to keep someone there unless it is rainy. You could make nice signage like mine that simply says attendant on duty and have the attendant carry it out on the lot when he/she is there. That would be very visible. People notice.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I definitely need to get some good signage made up. People always tell me: "I didn't even know anyone was here."

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I definitely need to get some good signage made up. People always tell me: "I didn't even know anyone was here."
Yeah, I hear you there. I get calls sometimes when I have an attendant there. I then call my attendant who helps the person. It is usually someone at the ACW while the attendant is spraying out one of the SS bays.