What's new

Bank not taking coins

OurTown

Reaction score
Well our credit union has further closed down locations, services, and hours of operation since my previous post. They now only have a select few branches that we can make an appointment to deposit coins and there was only one appointment left this week at the branch that was closest. (only about a half hour away) Further more we tried to make a bill deposit yesterday evening at the ATM and the bill acceptor kept jamming up preventing us from making a deposit. As if accepting cash was not already a hassle.

OurTown

Reaction score
The guy just called me back because after putting our appointment into the branch's schedule the branch called him to let him know that they are not accepting any coins (at any location) at this time.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Maybe it’s time to take credits cards only.
You could post signs saying banks are not accepting bills or quarters at this time so we have to temporally accept credit cards only.

Twodose

Reaction score
I would only do cc for now if I had them, before the pandemic started I was in the process of installing cryptopay but figured I would wait until this is over, by process I mean I just got the worldpay account, For me I get more quarters than I need and since the bank is not taking quarters right now I would just use the cc, I think people would understand.

Randy

Reaction score
I used to gain a lot of quarters. When I installed a new face plate on my DRS changer in January I put on the decal showing I accept $20 bills, I've always accepted $20's just never advertised that I took them. Now I'm getting a lot more $20's and I'm only taking home about 40 quarters a week.

OurTown

Reaction score
I used to gain a lot of quarters. When I installed a new face plate on my DRS changer in January I put on the decal showing I accept $20 bills, I've always accepted $20's just never advertised that I took them. Now I'm getting a lot more $20's and I'm only taking home about 40 quarters a week.

That could be an easy fix. We currently have the $20 switched off.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We never did overly discourage apartment house coin op washer user dwellers from giving us $20 & leaving us with fewer quarters to ever worry about depositing!

Although ... we are not sure exactly what will be the results ... when we make it so 100% of the coins given out are $1 coins vs less than half from our two 4 hopper Standard ChangeMakers that we currently do. Ideally, it would be as close to evened out as possible so hopefully we will not have to order too many in.

Many laundromat owners along with myself ... very much miss the days when we could order our $1 coins direct from the US Mint. Who (administration) was most to blame for that stopping???

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Maybe it’s time to take credits cards only.
You could post signs saying banks are not accepting bills or quarters at this time so we have to temporally accept credit cards only.
With things so slow, I hate telling customers we're doing any change of policy. It's a lot easier to change policy when we're busy.

soapy

Reaction score
My bank took a $500 bag of quarters on Monday with no problem. We went the next day with a deposit of cash that we had been holding back on for a couple of weeks. They were very happy to see as they were almost out of $1 bills and were getting ready to call us to see if we had any they could get.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I'm with a smaller independent bank and they are still taking cash

MEP001

Reaction score
I scheduled an appointment with my Wells Fargo branch to come in and drop off bagged coins that they send off, and they called me to say they cancelled my appointment and just bring coins in as I usually do. I haven't gone by yet, but I'm curious if I need to call to be let in or if I just wave the bags over my head at the door.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
The lobby at my Wells Fargo branch is open. But they only allow 2 or 3 people inside at a time. I deposited coins and bills no problem this week.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My bank is letting me come to the backdoor, take my qrtrs & count them for me. Wth?!! This is far easier than me counting them. It's awesome