What's new

Any examples of other Self Serve Car Wash owners being interviewed by some local mainstream press about coin shortage?

MEP001

Reaction score
Lot of misspellings and incorrectly used words in that "mainstream press" article.

When you told your story about how the bank will only give you $20 a week in coins, did you mention that you can order in advance what you need?

sparkey

Reaction score
I am not seeing a coin shortage in my area. I ask the local bank and they also said there is no coin shortage. Haven't had any trouble dropping coins off either. Sometimes it pays to live in a small town.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I live in a bigger town....Dallas Fort Worth area..... have no issues dropping con off and even getting coin to refill the changer from walk offs.

Randy

Reaction score
We haven't had any problems in the Pacific Northwest getting quarters or depositing them at the bank.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Lot of misspellings and incorrectly used words in that "mainstream press" article.

When you told your story about how the bank will only give you $20 a week in coins, did you mention that you can order in advance what you need?
Anybody being limited to just reading the much less complete partial transcript on the link would not see & hear nearly as much as the complete TV station's audio-video. Keep in mind when I got the lengthy phone call from the very much respected local news-lady "Emmeline Ivy" (Florida Native) ... I had no idea that she was recording every verbal noun & vowel coming from me & would be used & played back verbatim on as many as 5-6 newscasts some 1 hour long including our West Dakota Fox & the NBC's affiliate's early morning's 2 hour show.

I did not tell Emmeline that I could order "quarters in advance" because it would have not been truthful. Right after the phone call I was at my usual "goto" bank & was told by the "exclusive business only" drive up line teller that she could no longer provide any quarters at all at the moment simply because they themselves have not been able to get QUARTERS since June.

A regular laundry customer gave me "a heads ups" that I was on a newcast which could have been either the 5 or 6 pm cast. So I only found out at about 8:30 PM. I did watch the hour long 9 pm CDT West Dakota Fox & the 2 hour 5 - 7 am KFYR morning show.

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Sparkey, Freeman, Randy ... Ohio, Dallas-Ft Worth, & Seattle-Tacoma:

I am glad & cheering for you ... that all of you have as you say "no problem with your local banks etc providing you quarters ... even since June of 2020" That has not been the locals' reality here in Bismarck & yes we did try several of the local banks & credit unions.

Yes ... we did mention we were willing to wait with a pre-order. I will say this that we made sure we were ahead on our supply of dollar coins because of the fact that the coin shortage caused an "all coin & currency" regular delivery from Mpls to be skipped early on about June 15th based on my normal "goto" bank vault person!

Apparently, this was one of possibly many current AP releases because our local newspaper had the same written verbiage: