What's new

Bad News for us all!

Keno

Reaction score
That is more than I would have guessed that pay off every month. Wonder how those numbers have changed now as everyone's budgets are getting tighter? Would guess that as times get worse, more and more people will be in the carrying balance category and taking at least a year to pay off their debt.

HeyVern

Reaction score
1,000 people is a very small sample size, making it very likely for the data to be skewed one way and not representative of the general population. I wouldn't put much stock in that study.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
1,000 people is a very small sample size, making it very likely for the data to be skewed one way and not representative of the general population. I wouldn't put much stock in that study.

Excerpts posted were from 3 separate sources / studies.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Excerpts posted were from 3 separate sources / studies.
I know, and the one that says 56% pay their balance every month was only 1000 subjects. The others show very different numbers.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I know, and the one that says 56% pay their balance every month was only 1000 subjects. The others show very different numbers.

1. Agreed that it is a small sample size but none of the quoted items state what you indicate.
2. The sample size of 1000 says the largest group paid their bills in full each month
3. The 56% figure was from a different data set and it referred to accounts - not account holders. Perhaps or perhaps not is is safe to assume that people who don't pay the balance in full may be carrying balances on multiple accounts.

In any event it seems 50% or so of Card holders may pay in full each month. As far as changes in balance size over time adjusted for inflation - I did not find any simple data. Point being - things seem not nearly as dire as some might have us think. However I for one feel the worst pandemic / addiction is borrowing - from the highest levels of government down to individuals.