What's new

Bad News for us all!

Keno

Reaction score
Sadly nothing new, I could have already predicted this would repeat from 2008-09. And with all the handouts during covid, the can got kicked down the road, and made the consumer debt much higher in the process.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Sadly nothing new, I could have already predicted this would repeat from 2008-09. And with all the handouts during covid, the can got kicked down the road, and made the consumer debt much higher in the processing it for
Being a real estate attorney I have been predicting it for a couple of years . People buying houses with no skin in the game - barely able to afford it - and no one considering that due to high purchase prices Real estate taxes would ratchet up on top of higher utilities etc. plus the national addiction to debt.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
And then the Democrats deny there is a recession going on. It used to be that when there was a recession, the party in power would acknowledge it and try to spin policies and the hope the future. Now we get gaslit.

Keno

Reaction score
...People buying houses with no skin in the game - barely able to afford it...
This is exactly what happened last time too, coupled with variable interest. This time though, there is so much private equity out there ready to scoop up all the single family homes that will eventually come on the distressed market

HeyVern

Reaction score
And then the Democrats deny there is a recession going on. It used to be that when there was a recession, the party in power would acknowledge it and try to spin policies and the hope the future. Now we get gaslit.
And the media is in their pocket. Heard a reporter on the radio this morning say, "The Biden administration says the economy is growing but, there is a perception among some Americans that the economy is faltering and a feeling that prices have gone up." Apparently perception and feeling have been redefined to mean fact.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
We need some macro conditions that will bring some sanity back to the express tunnel boom. I'd just prefer for interest rates to be allowed to be controlled by market conditions,. not pushed artificially low.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
We need some macro conditions that will bring some sanity back to the express tunnel boom.
This is already happening in my area. If you watch closely, consolidation is starting where the big players are selling off their underperforming locations. I have already heard rumors (from reliable sources) of cash flow issues on more than one large EE brand...

To add to that, people are starting to cut things like memberships to save $$$.

🍿

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
This is already happening in my area. If you watch closely, consolidation is starting where the big players are selling off their underperforming locations. I have already heard rumors (from reliable sources) of cash flow issues on more than one large EE brand...

To add to that, people are starting to cut things like memberships to save $$$.

🍿
Take 5 has reportedly closed many locations, some in operation for less than a year

HeyVern

Reaction score
Take 5 has reportedly closed many locations, some in operation for less than a year
They've closed some here. One of them was the best and busiest wash in the state before they took it over.

Keno

Reaction score
They've closed some here. One of them was the best and busiest wash in the state before they took it over.
Good opportunity for someone to pick it up at a discount and bring it back.

Take 5 car wash is a pretty small part of the holding company Driven Brands. In their last earnings call they laid out their plans to close low performance stores and stores with high competition. They are going to get rid of those properties. They have basically stopped their plans for wash development. Their washes, have hurt their Financials, while the rest of their brands are doing well. Their stock is trading at a discount because of the washes, and they have a plan to stop the bleeding of the washes and focus on their core brands. I have bought some stock, and plan to buy more at some point. Driven has other lines of business besides car wash that should eventually make their Financials strong again. Wonder what the landscape of all these large wash only companies will be in just a few years that don't have other lines of business...

Reaction score
Great time to stretch out on some debt and jump into this buzz. If I can't make enough to cover my morgage payments im screwed. Oh well just going to take it day by day.

Tim.peele

Reaction score
Great time to stretch out on some
Great time to stretch out on some debt and jump into this buzz. If I can't make enough to cover my morgage payments im screwed. Oh well just going to take it day by day.
and jump into this buzz. If I can't make enough to cover my morgage payments im screwed. Oh well just going to take it day by day.