What's new

Attempted Stringing In NC

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss said:
When I had vieo of a thief I posted some screen shots around the Wash with "Wanted info" I figured that even if no one ever identified him (No One did) it might have some deterrent effect.
I've done that too, even when I knew exactly who did something and where they lived. It was mainly for people that do such things to know they're being watched.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I hope you didn’t spend a lot of money on your camera system. The quality of the pictures is terrible at best. All you’ve got is a washed out blur of a fat old guy dancing a little jig when he discovers how unsecure your bill validators are. There’s no way that anyone could ID the fat man or the car in the pictures. I’d look into making some security upgrades.

99Roadking

Reaction score
THE SAME PERSON GOT ME!!!!!!!!
I am in Kansas and got my Hamilton changer strung. Burgandy lumina missing front hub caps, white male big belly. I have him on video!!!!!
Sounds like every one here needs to be aware of it since they are traveling from state to state!
Thats him no doubt. I will go back and check the date that he attempted to get me. Let me know if your local law enforcement needs my video. The quality is some better than yours. Car wash owners beware.

99Roadking

Reaction score
I'm sorry but where was the Police while this was happening? You've got an old man with bleach blonde hair wearing purple pants looking like wrestler Dusty Rhodes. (with no disrespect to Dusty) Going all over this man's property stealing money as he goes. Does it not look a little bit suspicious to anyone? He was on my property for over 45 minutes attempting my machines over and over. I mean car washes are not built off the beaten path somewhere. Mine sits right on Hwy 421 and there are 20K cars each day. He was right out front of the property in broad daylight and did not care. I would love to catch him in the act at my wash. I've got a 4 foot piece of water hose from back in the 60's that I'd like to try out on his ass one time.

HCW

Reaction score
99roadking
This is one lucky low life, I saw him stringing live on my phone but i didn't know what he was doing(I am new in this business) I tought it's just a crazy person at first and when I realized his act I called PD. PD showed up one minute after he left! If I would've called when first saw it!

Randy

Reaction score
HCW- I’ve contacted you twice asking for more information on this incident, with no reply. In reviewing the video and the ease that the fat man is working your validator it appears to me that you’re using a HVX bill validator. If you are using an HVX validator you need to get rid of it ASAP and replace it with a v3.55 XE or a third party validator like a Mars or Coinco. The HVX bill validator went out of production over 10 years ago for a reason. The reason these people keep coming back to car washes is the car washes are an easy mark. If you make your equipment as secure as possible and pick up your coinage daily these people wouldn’t have any reason to try and hit a car wash because there wouldn’t be any profit in it. We pull money daily from the bill changers, vac’s and coin vaults.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I know 99rk and HCW are relatively new here, but it just blows me away that there may still be HVX validators in use. They are so bad that you would be just about as well off the put a bowl of quarters out there with a sign "please don't take more quarters than you pay for and put you bills in the coffee can".

Seriously, if you are using HVX validators you are asking for it.

99Roadking

Reaction score
I know 99rk and HCW are relatively new here, but it just blows me away that there may still be HVX validators in use. They are so bad that you would be just about as well off the put a bowl of quarters out there with a sign "please don't take more quarters than you pay for and put you bills in the coffee can".

Seriously, if you are using HVX validators you are asking for it.
I'm actually trying a Iowa Validator from a small comapny in its namesake state. The owner Lee helped me out a few times and actually sent me the validator without any money or deposit. He didn't know me from Adam but insisted we try his product. Anytime I've had a issue with something that may not have pertained to his product he answered his phone and took the time with me. That is personal customer service like no other.

99Roadking

Reaction score
Thats him no doubt. I will go back and check the date that he attempted to get me. Let me know if your local law enforcement needs my video. The quality is some better than yours. Car wash owners beware.
September 4th is when the Lard Ass Bonnie & Clyde attempted my machine.

99Roadking

Reaction score
Was the Iowa the one that was strung? What is the other validator in that machine?
The other is a Hamilton but it is setup to not give a refund and is plugged into a GFIC outlet. I got strung but no money was dispensed to him. My machine actually got his $10 dollar bill he was using by cutting his line. He attempted and you could tell he was not happy that it wasnt dispensing quarters out to him.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I was talking about the dual Hamilton changer he was stringing. It appeared he only strung one side. What validator was it? As was asked earlier, was it an HVX, the Iowa, something else? It's a help to everyone if you would disclose this info.

BTW, a GFCI offers no protection against stringing. Although you have the refund disabled, there is a way for them to get paid off on a successful stringing. Of course, I'm not going to post it here, in front of god and everybody.

HCW

Reaction score
HCW- I’ve contacted you twice asking for more information on this incident, with no reply. In reviewing the video and the ease that the fat man is working your validator it appears to me that you’re using a HVX bill validator. If you are using an HVX validator you need to get rid of it ASAP and replace it with a v3.55 XE or a third party validator like a Mars or Coinco. The HVX bill validator went out of production over 10 years ago for a reason. The reason these people keep coming back to car washes is the car washes are an easy mark. If you make your equipment as secure as possible and pick up your coinage daily these people wouldn’t have any reason to try and hit a car wash because there wouldn’t be any profit in it. We pull money daily from the bill changers, vac’s and coin vaults.
Randy,
I am sorry I haven't got back with you but I didn't receive a private message or i don't know how to navigate this website well.
The bill acceptor that was strung was a Hamilton (I Don't know other specifics on it) the one that he didn't string is a newer Mars. 6 Month ago when we bought the wash we upgraded one to Mars but not the other. We took the Hamilton that he strung off track untill we get another Mars.

99Roadking

Reaction score
I was talking about the dual Hamilton changer he was stringing. It appeared he only strung one side. What validator was it? As was asked earlier, was it an HVX, the Iowa, something else? It's a help to everyone if you would disclose this info.

BTW, a GFCI offers no protection against stringing. Although you have the refund disabled, there is a way for them to get paid off on a successful stringing. Of course, I'm not going toost it here, in front of god and everybody.
You are asking the wrong man. They did not get any money out of my machines and you havent seen any of my video of them because I havent loaded it online. You need to ask HCW.

MEP001

Reaction score
Tokens reduce the temptation, but they don't eliminate it. Some of these bastards are so bold that they'll string for tokens and sell them to wash customers for cash. I've seen it happen.

The latest Mars validators haven't been defeated as far as anyone can prove. A few people have posted here that they had a Mars strung, but they never answer questions put to them about it.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It has a sticker with all the pertinent info. It will have a # like HVX V3.34 or XE V3.54 or something similar. You really need to look at it and see what it is. If you have an HVX in there you need to scrap it immediately. These people are transient and will visit successful locations over and over. This guy will be back...I know.