What's new

Another strange Cryptopay issue

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. What are you using for a minimum startup and what's your cost per minute. $10.00 average time per wash would be over 16 minutes at my place.
I recently upped my max per swipe to $20 because I noticed many were spending past the $15 limit I had set.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Today in one of my self serve bays I had two different people that swiped their card and the wash started up and then shut down almost immediately.
What causes this issue?

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
It could be a debit card without enough money in the account.
I thought maybe that was the issue but wasn't sure. My attendant called me today with this issue. I was going to try my card in there later to see what happens.
Thank you for your response

OurTown

Reaction score
Today in one of my self serve bays I had two different people that swiped their card and the wash started up and then shut down almost immediately.
What causes this issue?

Like Mep said it could be insufficient funds. It is a bad design IMHO to let it start for a second or so without fully verifying funds. It could also be a bad button. Is the halo around the button lit green?

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Like Mep said it could be insufficient funds. It is a bad design IMHO to let it start for a second or so without fully verifying funds. It could also be a bad button. Is the halo around the button lit green?
I will check late when I go to the wash. My attendant called me about it today. He cleaned the reader then taped over it so nobody would use it until I fixed it.
I am going there later to check it out with my own card to see what happens.

mac

Reaction score
Try swapping it with another bay.

OurTown

Reaction score
Okay getting back to the issue with the attendant card activating the swiper but not the vac. (using count down mode) As of February it was still doing it intermittently. Most times when I call Cryptopay for any reason I complain about it. In Feb they spent a lot of time with me over several days trying to figure it out. In the end we agreed to take our vac swipers back to the old code that does not have the Cryptotap in it since we did not need that on the vacs. It fixed the issue and we were happy. Fast forward to last week and I guess I overlooked the fact that now the vac swipes do not consolidate into one transaction with any other swiper anymore. (vacs and bays being separate transactions) I called Cryptopay today to complain and they said well yeah you didn't know that was going to happen? They swear up and down that only one other site had this issue and they went back to the old code like they did for us in Feb. It seems strange to me that nobody else has this issue. I had them go ahead and update to the latest code so we can have consolidated transactions again and just deal with the original issue. In the big scheme of things it is minor but it irritates me when a company can't get things to work right after 16 months. Rant over....:p

mac

Reaction score
Wish I had a dollar for every time a vendor said gosh, never seen that before. Try swapping one piece at a time with another bay and write down what you did.

OurTown

Reaction score
Wish I had a dollar for every time a vendor said gosh, never seen that before. Try swapping one piece at a time with another bay and write down what you did.
Since we went to count up in the bays those are fine. All vac swipers have this issue.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Make sure the Coordinator has an Internet connection if it loses connection it will store charges until it is full and Will than start up the bay for a couple seconds and shut off