What's new

Air Machine and Vac Q&A - Cryptopay Q&A

WashSingh

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I wanted to get some insight from you all.

1) Cryptopay. Has anyone had distance constraints with Cryptopay card swipes, and Coordinator? Whats the longest distance do you have between them? Has anyone put the Coordinator outside, or had any issues keeping the Coordinator inside their Brick & Motar machine room? Love to hear feedback regarding installation issues and\or work arounds.

2) What are your Air Machine and Vac Prices? I've seen some varied prices out there, wanted to peoples thought's on this. I've seen Air & Vac range from $1.00 o $2.00. With the card swipes and credit card fees, I can see why folks are pushing to the $2.00 range.

Thanks in advance.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Cryptopay readers will "daisy-chain" communication, so the issue isn't about how far a reader is from the coordinator as much as how far apart any units on the network are. I believe the maximum distance from one reader to the coordinator is 150 feet Brick doesn't seem to have much of an effect on communication, but an all-steel building might since it would act as a Faraday cage. Rather than put the coordinator outside you can always run an antenna extension.

Vac pricing will vary a great deal depending on region. Everyone in my area is $1, I'm still at 75¢ but am planning to increase to $1 soon, just need to clean and shine up the vacs first. I'd probably do an air machine at $1 unless I did something fancy like have the chuck on a boom for easier use. All the C-stores around me charge $1.50 for air.

WashSingh

Reaction score
The Cryptopay readers will "daisy-chain" communication, so the issue isn't about how far a reader is from the coordinator as much as how far apart any units on the network are. I believe the maximum distance from one reader to the coordinator is 150 feet Brick doesn't seem to have much of an effect on communication, but an all-steel building might since it would act as a Faraday cage. Rather than put the coordinator outside you can always run an antenna extension.

Vac pricing will vary a great deal depending on region. Everyone in my area is $1, I'm still at 75¢ but am planning to increase to $1 soon, just need to clean and shine up the vacs first. I'd probably do an air machine at $1 unless I did something fancy like have the chuck on a boom for easier use. All the C-stores around me charge $1.50 for air.
Thanks for your feedback! Have you done the antenna extension before? Do you know where I could get the "extension cord"? Can the antenna be put outside in the elements (Rain/Snow/Hot & Cold Weather)?

Thanks again!

MEP001

Reaction score
It uses an ordinary antenna for a wi-fi router. There are ones made for outdoors.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! Have you done the antenna extension before? Do you know where I could get the "extension cord"? Can the antenna be put outside in the elements (Rain/Snow/Hot & Cold Weather)?

Thanks again!
This thread answers all your questions.

Etowah