What's new

Air logic or Air shammee

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Mattwash, when we added the 3' boom extensions, it added a lot of weight to the boom mount! To reinforce it, we drilled through our concrete block walls & added a back plate. I'm not sure your metal bay walls can support that weight.

Attachments

Mattwash

Reaction score
So, you saved about $30 but if you went with this you might have gained that extra length you wanted. https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-38319-elbow-for-end-of-dboom.aspx
In all honesty, I searched the kleenrite site and didn’t see this one. Feel like some items on the site are well organized by part type, other things are clumped into brand. Just like when you do a search on the site and attempt to use the search filters. So many items are missing things like size, pressure, or brand.

Mattwash

Reaction score
Mattwash, when we added the 3' boom extensions, it added a lot of weight to the boom mount! To reinforce it, we drilled through our concrete block walls & added a back plate. I'm not sure your metal bay walls can support that weight.
Mine are actually held on by a 1/2” stainless u bolt and 1/2” bolt on bottom that goes through a I-beam. As for the motors, I built these mounts behind the metal walls to support them.

do your booms swing back to position with that lean? Noticed mine go back but not as far as I would like and I have a 10-15 degree slant. Also noticed this with my mosmatic wall mount high pressure booms. They tend to go back but not always do they go back to where I prefer.

Attachments

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Mine are actually held on by a 1/2” stainless u bolt and 1/2” bolt on bottom that goes through a I-beam. As for the motors, I built these mounts behind the metal walls to support them.

do your booms swing back to position with that lean? Noticed mine go back but not as far as I would like and I have a 10-15 degree slant. Also noticed this with my mosmatic wall mount high pressure booms. They tend to go back but not always do they go back to where I prefer.
While our boom swings 180 degrees around the cars, the added boom extension & weight, inhibits its ability to naturally retract against the wall now. Customers are learning to pull the hose back and hook behind the yellow hook. I like the motor mounts you made!

edredtop

Reaction score
Kim, where did you get the yellow hose hook?
Was that a custom build and does it work relatively well (do the customers use it with a high percentage)?
Thanks.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Kim, where did you get the yellow hose hook?
Was that a custom build and does it work relatively well (do the customers use it with a high percentage)?
Thanks.
Hi Edredrop,

I found the large aluminum hooks on Etsy.com, $27 each. They were made by Halderman Designs back in 2019. I had them powdercoated yellow to stand-out in the bays. The hooks work great at keeping the hoses back against the bay walls. It took some education, but I would say about 60% of our customers use them. When we originally installed the Diskin booms, they would retract back against the bay walls. But when we added the 3' SS boom extension, the boom was so heavy, it no longer retracted on its own.

Ps. I just did a search on Etsy and couldn't find Halderman Designs! ☹

edredtop

Reaction score
Hi Edredrop,

I found the large aluminum hooks on Etsy.com, $27 each. They were made by Halderman Designs back in 2019. I had them powdercoated yellow to stand-out in the bays. The hooks work great at keeping the hoses back against the bay walls. It took some education, but I would say about 60% of our customers use them. When we originally installed the Diskin booms, they would retract back against the bay walls. But when we added the 3' SS boom extension, the boom was so heavy, it no longer retracted on its own.

Thanks Kim!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Hi Edredrop,

Here's a closeup of the aluminum hook from Etsy... A local welder / machinist might be able to make them for you. Please let me know if you want any measurements.

Attachments

Reaction score
I just bought a new site and am considering a manufacturer that has not been mentioned on here. Its Premier dryer systems. Their self serve dryers are called Palm Dryers. For one I like their guns and the wall mount holsters better. They are similar to air logic with no trigger but instead have an air blade typer nozzle.

Anyone with first hand experience using this unit that can speak on the motors and booms?

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Has anyone calculated the payback on any sort of SS bay air dryer? We have one site with them and utilization is low. Really low.

Anytime I'm at another car wash the only people I see using them are the motorcycles. Are any of you really out there crushing it with air shammees?

Reaction score
image.jpg
I run timers on our dryers to track usage. At the current rate we will have them paid for in 1.5 years. It doesnt take much uasage really to be profitable. The cost to run them is minimal compared to your other selections that have chemical.

edredtop

Reaction score
Here's a closeup of the aluminum hook from Etsy... A local welder / machinist might be able to make them for you. Please let me know if you want any measurements.
Thanks Kim,
I found Joe Haldeman on Facebook and emailed him.
He said he'd be happy to make them for anybody that wants them.
Contact info for anybody interested: haldemandesigns@gmail.com

Last edited:

edredtop

Reaction score
View attachment 10336
I run timers on our dryers to track usage. At the current rate we will have them paid for in 1.5 years. It doesnt take much uasage really to be profitable. The cost to run them is minimal compared to your other selections that have chemical.
At my current price of 83 cents per minute, 14.3 hours is about $715 worth of time purchased.
Impressive!

jack954

Reaction score
yes. i have installed the premier palm dryers at 3 different locations. first in 2021, second in 2022, 3rd last month. i found them along with the air logic and air shamee at other locations and liked the premier better. i haven’t had to replace any motors yet. the guns hold up very well and have had them run over without damaging any of them. i am very happy with them!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Has anyone calculated the payback on any sort of SS bay air dryer? We have one site with them and utilization is low. Really low.

Anytime I'm at another car wash the only people I see using them are the motorcycles. Are any of you really out there crushing it with air shammees?
I have meters on mine so I calculated the payback at about a year. This does not account for electricity cost, or whether the person just used time they might have used for another selection. I am count up with CC.

Reaction score
yes. i have installed the premier palm dryers at 3 different locations. first in 2021, second in 2022, 3rd last month. i found them along with the air logic and air shamee at other locations and liked the premier better. i haven’t had to replace any motors yet. the guns hold up very well and have had them run over without damaging any of them. i am very happy with them!
Can you speak to the quality of the booms that premier provides? Some of the complaints I see with Air Shammee is that the boom is not long enough and that it doesnt angle down at the tip and eventually wears out the hose.

OurTown

Reaction score

Less than two years for us not accounting for electric or maintenance. Air Shammee II three phase.

Keno

Reaction score
We have hour meters installed as well, going to be a 9-12 month payback. We have count-up cc.