What's new

Air Dryer guns

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
image_67175937.JPG This is our Air Dryer setup. Only one motor up in the catwalk.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
TAFAIAC the Swivel helps relieve a stress point at the connection. Are you using a cuff - but no swivel?
I don't want appear to be too much of a rural area "country bumpkin" but can't help wondering .... What does "TAFAIAC" mean ? .... it is sometimes so gull darn hard to keep up with the flood of brand new acronyms 🤷‍♂️???

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I don't want appear to be too much of a rural area "country bumpkin" but can't help wondering .... What does "TAFAIAC" mean ? .... it is sometimes so gull darn hard to keep up with the flood of brand new acronyms 🤷‍♂️???
Lol! I was wondering the SAME thing... I Googled TAFAIAC, but couldn't find an answer! 🤔😅

MEP001

Reaction score
AFAIAC = as far as I am concerned, but I don't know what the first T is for, possibly a typo.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I use Premier Air Guns. Works better than Diskin & Air Logic. Also, that company is super easy to deal with. Their guns are tOUgh as nails to. Fits in the holster. May find it on the ground 2x/mo.

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
I use Premier Air Guns. Works better than Diskin & Air Logic. Also, that company is super easy to deal with. Their guns are tOUgh as nails to. Fits in the holster. May find it on the ground 2x/mo.
Could you please post pix? Is it a KR product? :cool:

Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I appreciate the photo! On the boom, how are you able to tighten the hose clamp through the corrugated plastic hose?? We tried it that way when 1st installed & kept finding the hose on the ground. We now use a Vacuum Cuff, with a heavy-duty hose clamp and 3 self-tapping screws.

Attachments

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
I appreciate the photo! On the boom, how are you able to tighten the hose clamp through the corrugated plastic hose?? We tried it that way when 1st installed & kept finding the hose on the ground. We now use a Vacuum Cuff, with a heavy-duty hose clamp and 3 self-tapping screws.
IMG-2087.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
They last awhile until the hose gets old & unravels...
You might want to try a different brand of hose. Kleen-Rite's brand vac hose pulls apart very easily. Smooth-Bor is better but the last couple of boxes seems to be getting soft and weak very fast. I've seen a rainbow vac hose that is very durable, but I don't know if they make it long enough for an air dryer.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
You might want to try a different brand of hose. Kleen-Rite's brand vac hose pulls apart very easily. Smooth-Bor is better but the last couple of boxes seems to be getting soft and weak very fast. I've seen a rainbow vac hose that is very durable, but I don't know if they make it long enough for an air dryer.
We've been using Vacuum Hoses from Kleen-Rite (VAK45BL). It's not their brand. They told me their KR brand is made by Plastiflex.

OurTown

Reaction score

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I notice on Kim's pic that specifically shows her Diskin wall boom. something. The boom appears to span 5 x 16" blocks ... which means that our Mosmatic boom are almost a yard longer. 7x 16" blocks. Any thoughts on the longer lengths from anyone?

My original Southern Pride air guns look identical to the KR Air Logic guns.

There are times where I am thinking it would be helpful to have just the single motor like Kim has & probably what Eric, David & possibly many others are using.

We did what David did with the bolt through & acorn nut for our air gun & it was one of the better modifications that we made for preventing the gun from ever detaching.

If you are able to Zoom in on the below "Full Image" pic of our Mosmatic Wall Boom ... you might be able to see where we recently had a LOCAL muffler - stainless steel fabricator weld a sweep elbow on the end & also at the beginning of the boom structure ... he did some re-inforcing welding because one of the Mosmatic Booms partially broke & needed to be re-welded &/or reinforced. We recently a week ago had him do the two modifications on all our booms as a preventative measure. The shop owner was fair in his pricing .... labor & material came to about $77 for each boom's modification.

BTW we tried the flexible sweep elbow from Menards & each one of those tended to restrict the air flow more than the welded stainless sweep muffler fitting!
According to KR, Mosmatics boom is 5'3" long (#BOM60311), including 3" mount plate. I have Diskin's boom, which is the same length. Today, I ordered Mosmatics 3' extension (BOMP60315). I'm hoping the longer boom will reduce some of the pulling & tension on the hose,
and it will better clear over the customers car. I'll have my welder spot weld it onto the existing boom, so it doesn't come off.

Attachments