What's new

Air Dryer guns

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
4 year ago we installed Diskin's Air Shammee II in our 5-bay SS wash. I'm NOT a big fan of their guns, nothing but problems...

- Gun rivets are too short & back themselves out. Now we use longer "Butterfly" rivets

- Hose unscrewing out of the "swivel nut". Now we use JB Weld (plastic glue) to glue the hose into the swivel nut

- Gun trigger sticking or disintegrating (due to plastic incompatibility)

Anyone else having problems? I've talked to Troy Diskin, but he seems indifferent to my problems or solutions.

Today, I think I found the solution! I had purchased an Air Logic gun from Kleen-Rite (Part # AD2000) to try out. This morning, I replaced a Diskin gun with the Air Logic. Already, I LIKE IT BETTER! No rivets to fall out, no trigger to stick AND I think it puts out MORE AIR, since there's no plastic baffle inside the gun.

Attachments

Eric H

Reaction score
I switched to Air Logic guns a few years ago and it was a huge improvement.
Btw, Troy did advise me that I could remove the “air relief valve” that he uses with the trigger gun. I don’t know if it made any improvement but I did it anyway

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Btw, Troy did advise me that I could remove the “air relief valve” that he uses with the trigger gun. I don’t know if it made any improvement but I did it anyway
We purchased the newer design in 2018, that replaced the in-line relief valve, with baffle design incorporated into the gun. My in-bay dryers get a lot of use, and its embarrassing when customers call to tell me the guns are falling off, or trigger is not working properly. I'm glad the Air Logic gun uses same 2" vacuum hose.

Attachments

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Have you had any issues with the Air Logic gun unscrewing off the vacuum hose & falling off? Or do you glue it on?

David Rolf

Reaction score
I'm using the air logic guns and love them. I bought screws and acorn nuts and drilled completely through the outside diameter. In two years I've only lost two due to theft. No problems once the screws were installed.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I notice on Kim's pic that specifically shows her Diskin wall boom. something. The boom appears to span 5 x 16" blocks ... which means that our Mosmatic boom are almost a yard longer. 7x 16" blocks. Any thoughts on the longer lengths from anyone?

My original Southern Pride air guns look identical to the KR Air Logic guns.

There are times where I am thinking it would be helpful to have just the single motor like Kim has & probably what Eric, David & possibly many others are using.

We did what David did with the bolt through & acorn nut for our air gun & it was one of the better modifications that we made for preventing the gun from ever detaching.

If you are able to Zoom in on the below "Full Image" pic of our Mosmatic Wall Boom ... you might be able to see where we recently had a LOCAL muffler - stainless steel fabricator weld a sweep elbow on the end & also at the beginning of the boom structure ... he did some re-inforcing welding because one of the Mosmatic Booms partially broke & needed to be re-welded &/or reinforced. We recently a week ago had him do the two modifications on all our booms as a preventative measure. The shop owner was fair in his pricing .... labor & material came to about $77 for each boom's modification.

BTW we tried the flexible sweep elbow from Menards & each one of those tended to restrict the air flow more than the welded stainless sweep muffler fitting!

Attachments

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another great thing about the air logic gun is if the end gets cracked you can hacksaw it off, sand down any rough edges and keep using it. I had that happened to one of mine once someone ran it over. Now I keep a spare, but they are expensive!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I bought the elbow from KR. Otherwise hose kept breaking at the boom. I jut duct tape hose at swivel cuff. When it gets hot otside the hose gets hoter nd squishy and comes out if I don't do this.

If the Gun is wide open all the time what keeps it from flying out of the holder?

OurTown

Reaction score
Overall I like the Air Logic guns but I bought three of them from KR a few months ago and take a look how bad they applied the bed liner coating. I kept the two on the right and sent the one on the left back as defective. Of course KR botched the return and I still have not received credit. I would prefer they not have the coating because it can come off after a while.

Air Logic nozzle 1.jpg

Last edited:

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
4 year ago we installed Diskin's Air Shammee II in our 5-bay SS wash. I'm NOT a big fan of their guns, nothing but problems...

- Gun rivets are too short & back themselves out. Now we use longer "Butterfly" rivets

- Hose unscrewing out of the "swivel nut". Now we use JB Weld (plastic glue) to glue the hose into the swivel nut

- Gun trigger sticking or disintegrating (due to plastic incompatibility)

Anyone else having problems? I've talked to Troy Diskin, but he seems indifferent to my problems or solutions.

Today, I think I found the solution! I had purchased an Air Logic gun from Kleen-Rite (Part # AD2000) to try out. This morning, I replaced a Diskin gun with the Air Logic. Already, I LIKE IT BETTER! No rivets to fall out, no trigger to stick AND I think it puts out MORE AIR, since there's no plastic baffle inside the gun.
Very NICE! We will be ordering Air Logic. Thanks for the help. AWESOME INFO.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I bought the elbow from KR. Otherwise hose kept breaking at the boom. I jut duct tape hose at swivel cuff. When it gets hot otside the hose gets hoter nd squishy and comes out if I don't do this.

If the Gun is wide open all the time what keeps it from flying out of the holder?
Earl & others,

The stainless steel welded on sweep elbow that shows in my previous post's pic was such a tight fit for the 2" hose ... with using one of the better more industrial clamps ... I only worry if th the hose itself tears & lets loose that way. The fabricator told us that the weld joint could give support if we chose to force the hose itself on that far. Now no need for a hose swivel ... like we used to use.

As far as the flying out of the holder: We used an "in house" PVC pipe mounted for the holder as shown in the below attached pic.

Has anyone found a way to make it more likely that the boom will always tuck nice against the wall???

I am debating in my mind on whether to put up a sign telling the customer to the effect of "REPLACE AIR NOZZLE AGAINST WALL IN THIS HOLDER"

Attachments

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
We purchased the newer design in 2018, that replaced the in-line relief valve, with baffle design incorporated into the gun. My in-bay dryers get a lot of use, and its embarrassing when customers call to tell me the guns are falling off, or trigger is not working properly. I'm glad the Air Logic gun uses same 2" vacuum hose.

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
I really like the hose clamp on the wall to keep the hose in place. Great idea.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Earl & others,

The stainless steel welded on sweep elbow that shows in my previous post's pic was such a tight fit for the 2" hose ... with using one of the better more industrial clamps ... I only worry if th the hose itself tears & lets loose that way. The fabricator told us that the weld joint could give support if we chose to force the hose itself on that far. Now no need for a hose swivel ... like we used to use.

As far as the flying out of the holder: We used an "in house" PVC pipe mounted for the holder as shown in the below attached pic.

Has anyone found a way to make it more likely that the boom will always tuck nice against the wall???

I am debating in my mind on whether to put up a sign telling the customer to the effect of "REPLACE AIR NOZZLE AGAINST WALL IN THIS HOLDER"
We added a 4" aluminum hook that keeps the hose & boom tucked against the wall. Custom fabricated & powdercoated yellow. Works GREAT!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score

We have the single 5 HP Air Shammee II. We're definitely noticing MORE air blowing through Air Logic guns, but NOT enough to cause the gun to fly out of the holder & create a safety issue. Its been in use 24 hours now & customers are RAVING about the new Air Logic guns. One elderly woman told me its easier to hold with her arthritis (since there's NO trigger).

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We added a 4" aluminum hook that keeps the hose & boom tucked against the wall. Custom fabricated & powdercoated. Works GREAT!!
I think I kind of get it ... the entire hook & plate is waterproof stainless that is powder-coated BRIGHT YELLOW to make it more noticeable!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score

Attachments

Last edited:

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Earl & others,

Lol! Even when customers don't use the gun holder, they usually use the hose hook! :)

Attachments