What's new

Air Dryer guns

MEP001

Reaction score
According to KR, Mosmatics boom is 5'3" long (#BOM60311), including 3" mount plate. I have Diskin's boom, which is the same length. Today, I ordered Mosmatics 3' extension (BOMP60315). I'm hoping the longer boom will reduce some of the pulling & tension on the hose,
and it will better clear over the customers car. I'll have my welder spot weld it onto the existing boom, so it doesn't come off.
Rather than try to spot-weld it (If your welder is really, really good at welding stainless it might work out okay), take the extension to a muffler shop and have them expand it so it will slip over the existing boom by a few inches, then either clamp it or spot-it on.

OurTown

Reaction score
Rather than try to spot-weld it (If your welder is really, really good at welding stainless it might work out okay), take the extension to a muffler shop and have them expand it so it will slip over the existing boom by a few inches, then either clamp it or spot-it on.

It looks like it is already expanded, slit and ready for a clamp.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Not a KR product. Had tonorder directly from Premier Dryers. Someone on here suggested that about 5 yrs ago. They were spot on.
Looks like Dultmeier sells. 800-228-9666. I don't see a Part # for the nozzle to buy separately on their website or in their catalog.

Attachments

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
On the boom, how are you able to tighten the hose clamp through the corrugated plastic hose??
The below linked "all stainless steel" clamps are kind of on the "spendy side" but it might make it so the cuff is not needed. Time will tell ... we are testing the boom to hose without the cuff.

So what specific 2" vacuum hose is more likely to allow this type of direct clamping??? The angle of the end sweep elbow is important to minimize side pressure on the hose IMHO.

Attachments

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I have Diskin's 5 HP motor. I tried it myself to test. When the motor is on, the Air Logic gun does NOT leave the holder at all. But, if you put it on the ground, it does want to snake around at your feet. This might pose a liability issue if previous customer leaves the hose on the ground, with the AIR DRY selected. I just ordered new signs to address this... 👍

Attachments

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have Diskin's 5 HP motor. I tried it myself to test. When the motor is on, the Air Logic gun does NOT leave the holder at all. But, if you put it on the ground, it does want to snake around at your feet. This might pose a liability issue if previous customer leaves the hose on the ground, with the AIR DRY selected. I just ordered new signs to address this... 👍
I will have to try mine with the Diskin trigger taped open. Still a concern even if it does not jump out of the holder.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Time will tell ... we are testing the boom to hose without the cuff.

So what specific 2" vacuum hose is more likely to allow this type of direct clamping??? The angle of the end sweep elbow is important to minimize side pressure on the hose IMHO.
Mine would fail where the hose was clamped . The boom cut into the hose. So, I went to the cuff. I tape the hose to the cuff because in hot weather it gets really soft and comes out easily.

OurTown

Reaction score
I will have to try mine with the Diskin trigger taped open. Still a concern even if it does not jump out of the holder.

The Diskin gun even with the trigger pulled doesn't have near the volume of air coming out compared to the Air Logic gun.