What's new

Age old soap question

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I would suggest you call Kleen-Rite tomorrow ( 1-800-233-3873 ) and just order :

1-5 gal. Orange Creme ( great smell) for your HP or Sonic Wash (better cleaning not much in scent)
1-5 gal. winter cherry FB for you foam brush,
1- 5 gal. of either Deep Blue or Just Peachy sealant.
1-5 gal Super Soak Presoak from Simoniz.
Most of the above you can mix with 10 gals. of water.

For a few hundred dollars you can have a good start and then look around once you get your feet wet, literally.
Here is KR web site for chemicals. Browse around the whole site for equipment you will need in the very near future (hoses, swivels, pumps, motors,etc.)
There are many very good dists. such as Windtrax, Car Wash Superstore, and others.
Good luck

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/c-171-kleen-rite-ultra-concentrates.aspx

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you like the products and don't want to mix with the 10 gallons of water to use regular hydrominder tips you can then order the Ultra Lean tip kits and avoid the mixing.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Earl have you had any problems with the tips clogging?
I've been thinking about using them but was concerned about this.
Off the subject but thanks for giving me a heads up on how to stop some cars from rolling in the tunnel.
I actually bought some rubber mats (about 4'x4') that connect together from Sam's. I moved them around until I found the best position to stop the rolling.
Stopped the problem. Thanks again.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl have you had any problems with the tips clogging?
I've been thinking about using them but was concerned about this.
Off the subject but thanks for giving me a heads up on how to stop some cars from rolling in the tunnel.
I actually bought some rubber mats (about 4'x4') that connect together from Sam's. I moved them around until I found the best position to stop the rolling.
Stopped the problem. Thanks again.
Can't say I have any more issues with ultra lean tips clogging than regular tips. The foot valve would seem to prevent this. It happens, but infrequently.

The rubber mats are a good idea. I wonder how many cars it will hold up for?

crewchief97

Reaction score
I've used the same soap,Turtle Wax hp foaming detergent in my hp and fb for the last 17 years.

cdreed06

Reaction score
We made a decision to go with the Arcadian products and will report back with how it goes. We appreciate all you answering us!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl,

Do you dilute to the ratios that KR recommends? For FB it is 600-900:1. I can operate at 240:1 (a little runny) but 120:1(purple tip) gives me the best foam. For the tire cleaner, they recommend 12-15/1 which would cost too much. I think I am using 36:1 for the tire cleaner.

Here's the video as I say 600/ 1 olive tip on Ultra lean with the Cherry Blossom KR and 90/1 on the Kleen white.

Made an error in the video FN is 60 PSI Flo Jet and 40 PSI air. Tire cleaner is 60 PSI on the Flo Jet but the air is so it just barely registers on the gauge - maybe 10 PSI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msw2Tc0WKis&list=UU2oDMe1Aklko_tcNnsQJJaA&feature=plcp
Sorry, for some reason video comes up as "Viper Results but it has the right stuff.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
We made a decision to go with the Arcadian products and will report back with how it goes. We appreciate all you answering us!
The people at Arcadian are great.
The HP2000 is a very good product.
I'm not sure if they still offer free shipping with 5-5gal. buckets but you should ask, they'll work with you.
In my self service I use to mix a 5 gallon with 10 gallons of water.

Last edited:

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Earl your wash should did a number on the taxi's front bumper.
The paint scraped off some of the front and side. LOL

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Here's the video as I say 600/ 1 olive tip on Ultra lean with the Cherry Blossom KR and 90/1 on the Kleen white.

Made an error in the video FN is 60 PSI Flo Jet and 40 PSI air. Tire cleaner is 60 PSI on the Flo Jet but the air is so it just barely registers on the gauge - maybe 10 PSI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msw2Tc0WKis&list=UU2oDMe1Aklko_tcNnsQJJaA&feature=plcp
Sorry, for some reason video comes up as "Viper Results but it has the right stuff.
Hey Earl, thanks very much for posting the video. I think you had the wrong one tagged but i found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlRMAQnwIPw&list=UU2oDMe1Aklko_tcNnsQJJaA&index=1&feature=plcp