What's new

Adding Fragrance to Presoak

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we recently switched to Kleenrites all system polymer presoak in our Kondor KL2. Cleans really well but only down side is that it doesn't have any fragrance to it. Anyone have a cost effective solution or product that is made to add to it to give off a scent for the customers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite has JBS fragrance additive.
Thank you for the input. We use 55 gal drums for presoak. It says dilution is 4oz for every 5 gal. For every drum we would need a third of a gallon. Would add about an extra 60 dollars per drum. Do you know if it can be more diluted for presoak to save on cost, or any other options. $160 a gallon seems pretty steep on price.

MEP001

Reaction score
You'll probably find it to be a waste of money. I've been told that a high pH presoak will kill fragrance. The only presoaks I've ever seen with a strong fragrance are the crappy ones like Purple Passion.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
You'll probably find it to be a waste of money. I've been told that a high pH presoak will kill fragrance. The only presoaks I've ever seen with a strong fragrance are the crappy ones like Purple Passion.
Sounds good, thank you for the input. We would be putting it in our first pass of low ph.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you.. I use the same presoak. I ordered a dual barb chemical injector months ago with intentions of making this presoak smell good. Customer perception seems to be driven more by the lights and smells than the cleaning quality.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Why not just save the smelly stuff for the wax and the foam polish etc. that way you'll get the cleaning power of a good presoak and the show of the wax and foam.
My thoughts, & experiences, exactly.

Overachiever

Reaction score
My bottom two wash packages are basically just presoak passes and a pretty big chunk of my customers are bottom wash package types. Those are the ones complaining about no smells. I guess I'll just tell them that the tunnels use a crappy product if it has better smells. haha.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You can get a citrus/lemon scent to work with some alkaline presoaks. You could likley have the most success by adding it at the point of mixing with a dual draw eductor. I know nothing about polymer chemistry but the ones I have looked at are lower alkaline. I also don't know if adding something would interfere with the polymer cleaning process. A call to the mfg may be a good move. Does anyone know who manufactures it?

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Why not just save the smelly stuff for the wax and the foam polish etc. that way you'll get the cleaning power of a good presoak and the show of the wax and foam.
Our presoak we were using in the past had a scent to it that was made by Simoniz. The problem is when we took the scent away from the customers they think they are getting a lesser product when they really are getting a better cleaning without the scent.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't really imagine that too many automatic customers complain about this. What they want as a clean car at a reasonable price.

sparkey

Reaction score
Maybe you could just rig up something to spray a little scent in the bay around the drivers area. It wouldn't necessarily need added to the presoak to get the smell. The customer wouldn't know the difference of where it was coming from.