What's new

Adding Credit Card Readers = Increase in Sales?

kbergeth

Reaction score
For those of you that converted a cash only self serve to a cash AND credit card operation, what kind of sales increase did you see? What %?

vguard296

Reaction score
We added CC to a wash in a blue collar neighborhood late December 2022 that was entirely cash. Our sales mix is about 60/40 CC to cash, which surprised me how quickly it took off. Our average CC spend is 25% hire than our cash spend.

kbergeth

Reaction score
We added CC to a wash in a blue collar neighborhood late December 2022 that was entirely cash. Our sales mix is about 60/40 CC to cash, which surprised me how quickly it took off. Our average CC spend is 25% hire than our cash spend.
Awesome! So what is the overall increase in business, 25% more revenue?

soapy

Reaction score
If you don't offer credit cards now I bet you would increase by 50%. Most people do not carry cash anymore, Younger folks rarely do and they are the majority of your business. I run 80% CC ub nt SS bays.

kbergeth

Reaction score
If you don't offer credit cards now I bet you would increase by 50%. Most people do not carry cash anymore, Younger folks rarely do and they are the majority of your business. I run 80% CC ub nt SS bays.
That's what I was thinking thank Soapy

David Rolf

Reaction score
Don't forget Tap to Pay either. Seems like everyone loves that option at my place and it's half my sales each month with cards. People love tech....

vguard296

Reaction score
Awesome! So what is the overall increase in business, 25% more revenue?
Yes, I would have to say so. April and May were also great months. I went with Monex and paid outright for the equipment. It wasnt cheap. I figured since we are in a cash heavy neighborhood it may take 7-9 months to at least break even on the equipment and within 3 months it had really gained traction and paid for itself.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I think it is tough to judge but count up seems to increase sales. Ask any Gas Station if they would consider not having Credit Cards. Most any other merchant as well.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I’m also about the same. Credit cards just make more money. Credit card fees pale to the additional earnings. My avg credit card self service bay sale is a little over $11. My bay time is $3 to start for 4 minutes. Just make sure you do the count up method. Count down and fixed price will lose you money. You may get a few more complaints for the few that forget to end charges on count up, but the additional earnings is well worth it.

Reactions: sjb

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I think it is tough to judge but count up seems to increase sales. Ask any Gas Station if they would consider not having Credit Cards. Most any other merchant as well.
Pretty much what I tell people inquiring about adding credit cards. "Keep track over the next thirty days of how many places you shop at that don't take credit cards."

KFPanda

Reaction score
I'm about to start adding credit card readers to my wash. I'm going with the monex readers, they seem to be the best option right now for the ease of installation and tap acceptance. The nearby competition has cryptopay swipe but not tap yet. As far as the fees they don't seem crazy vs other retail merchant accounts I've seen so I don't think I'll be fretting them coming from cash only.

vguard296

Reaction score
I'm about to start adding credit card readers to my wash. I'm going with the monex readers, they seem to be the best option right now for the ease of installation and tap acceptance. The nearby competition has cryptopay swipe but not tap yet. As far as the fees they don't seem crazy vs other retail merchant accounts I've seen so I don't think I'll be fretting them coming from cash only.
We went with monex. Not cheap, but they are a hit