What's new

ACW Issue: RELEASE BUTTON

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
I'm not seeing a lot of discussion on this issue, so i'm posting to hopefully get some help.

ACW4 is scrolling this message, RELEASE BUTTON - Hamilton says to unplug each wash selection button, one by one, then the refund button to eliminate possibility of a bad button. Done this. Also tried swapping controllers, no success. I do have a new wire harness from Hamilton but found that it doesn't have all the same connections as the existing harness so i'm going to have to call Hamilton about this before eliminating this possibility.

Anyone have experience with this issue? I did see some mention of the wires behind the relay block as being a possible cause...?

Any help would be great.

thanks-
Michael

Randy

Reaction score
I hate these intermittent problems. 99% of the time it’s the contact block that is hanging momentarily the gives the RELEASE BUTTON error or it could be the button actuator. I’d replace all 4 contact blocks first, I’d use the new style Goldline type push buttons, #100-0077. If you have the older style clear push button contact block they don’t make those anymore and you’ll have to replace it with a #100-0169. Did you reset the controller every time you disconnected a button? Your refund button should be disabled.

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
Randy- Thanks for the reply. I do already have the new GoldLine buttons. I did not turn off the unit after unplugging each button, should I go back and try this? Hamilton tech just told me to unplug them one by one (no mention of cutting power).

Randy

Reaction score
Turning Off the power will not acknowledge or clear the error. To clear an error push the Yellow action button on the side of the controller once to acknowledge the error and push the ACTION button once more to return to normal operation. I'd do the controller reset every time I disconnected one of the buttons.

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
Update: Checked a few connections on the wire harness on the door and each time i'd clear the RELEASE BUTTON message, my $8 wash would be scrolling, so i'm assuming the issue may be with that wash button... time will tell I suppose. I've unplugged the button and will see if the RELEASE BUTTON message returns. Is it safe to assume the issue is in the button itself and not somewhere in the harness?

M

Randy

Reaction score
I've unplugged the button and will see if the RELEASE BUTTON message returns. Is it safe to assume the issue is in the button itself and not somewhere in the harness?
I think it would be pretty safe to say that your $8 button is the problem. I’d buy 2 buttons and replace the one that’s bad now and keep the other as a spare.