What's new

A few coleman ww 2.0 questions

waright

Reaction score
Looking for some answers to a few questions.

1. I beleive we had a problem that caused a fatal shutdown (meaning that the water wizard turned on the acw reset output, causing the auto cashier to go to out of service). What machine errors will cause the ww to turn this output on and leave it on. We had to shut down the auto overnight, and now it seems to be working fine again, which leads me to think that there is a bad prox or electrical short.

I did some simple tests like leaving the treadle on, leaving the undercarriage eyes blocked, etc. None of these caused the out of service.

Note: our touchscreen (red lion) does not work. It powers up, but there is no comm to the plc controller. An expensive bill from coleman for repairs did not fix the problem.

2. The wheel wash eye input flickers on and off during the time a car is being washed. Is this a problem? the wash seems to run fine.

3. Sometimes the cat high pressure pump belts sqeeal a little when switching from one function to another, like when it swithes to the boom and truns the side sprayers off. Which solenoids should i look at?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reds

Reaction score
Here's what I have experienced:

1 - auto cashier showing that wash is out of service - usually a tin can stuck under pass. side of gantry or laying along the track which is picked up by the home prox before the wheel count signals the end of the track. The machine thinks something is on the track and sends the gantry home. After 3 times it shuts down the wash. Another problem that caused this was a treadle that was sticking. Another time someone had used the emergency stop button in the bay. I have had plenty of prox switches die and never had it shut down the wash, although I imagine it is possible. I would get that red lion screen working so that I could observe the error messages. At least they give you an idea of what is going wrong. And if you check them daily you can see some problems that are on the way and resolve them before the wash goes down.
2- The wheel eye light MAY be picking up the vehicle tires as it runs thru the pass
3 - Squeeling belts sounds like they need to be tightened and maybe put a little belt dressing on them. Belt dressing may cure the problem, but I would check the tension too.

Hope this helps. It's just some of the issues that I have encountered.

Last edited:

waright

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. We have had the tin can several times before and it will stop the unit from running. I originally thought treadle, but I held the treadle down with a bucket and had the car leave after the wash. About 5 min. later, the please exit light went away, the acw reset cycled like normal and it let us load another wash. It did not put the auto cashier out of service.

I mis-stated the eye problem. The stationary eyes that trip the undercarriage are the ones that are flashing on from time to time during a wash. This erratic signal does not seem to affect the wash or acw reset.

The belt noise seems to be more than loose belts. It sounds like the pump has trouble when changing from one solenoid to another. I would say the soleniods are closing too fast or not opening soon enough, so the result is a moment where the water has no where to go.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. We have had the tin can several times before and it will stop the unit from running. I originally thought treadle, but I held the treadle down with a bucket and had the car leave after the wash. About 5 min. later, the please exit light went away, the acw reset cycled like normal and it let us load another wash. It did not put the auto cashier out of service.

I mis-stated the eye problem. The stationary eyes that trip the undercarriage are the ones that are flashing on from time to time during a wash. This erratic signal does not seem to affect the wash or acw reset.

The belt noise seems to be more than loose belts. It sounds like the pump has trouble when changing from one solenoid to another. I would say the soleniods are closing too fast or not opening soon enough, so the result is a moment where the water has no where to go.
Try backing the prressure on the pump down to see if that stops the slipping of the belt, the pressure relief should let the water bypass when the solenoids switch, also I would never use belt dressing because with the correct adjustment they will not squeak

Reaction score
I thought the 2.0 was going to be a better machine then the 1.0, but we sure have had a lot of problems with the 2.0 that we never did with the 1.0! Some stuff Jc cant even explain nor fix...