What's new

3/8" Hose to 1/4" Hose

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I wonder why you're having issues in those specific bays. All you did was change the tip and it started to work?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I wonder why you're having issues in those specific bays. All you did was change the tip and it started to work?
Yep.
I had 2505 tips and changed a few bays over to the 1505 to see how it performed. Liked what I saw and changed all the bays.
Before I changed all the bay tips I had great soap in all the bays.
For some reason one bay in each wash just lost the soap.
Like I said before I changed all the hoses, pressure reg., cleaned out the tank and filter, etc. and still had the problem.
I called in a tech and he couldn't figure it our either.
Later I thought I had great soap with the 2505's so I changed them back in the 2 bays and within seconds starting get great soap.
Don't know why though.

Randy

Reaction score
That’s really odd because the orifice size of a 2505 spray tip is the same a 1505 spray tip, the only difference is the angle of the spray. We’ve been using the 1505 spray tips for over 25 years never had that problem. Weird

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just guessing. Perhaps the od tiops were worn and you were getting more volume. The new tips with correct volume did not have sufficient flow to draw soap.

Easiest way to check would be to put on a new 2505.

Were the tips different mfgr? Perhaps the specs are a little off?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
That is a very strange occurrence. I agree, the only thing I could think of in that instance would be the back pressure or lower volume not allowing the soap to be drawn. Not sure how you pull your soap into your pumps, but I force mine in under pressure with a Flojet pump. I got tired of messing with those zero pressure regulators, just too unpredictable for me and a pain to swap out.

Randy

Reaction score
That is a very strange occurrence. I agree, the only thing I could think of in that instance would be the back pressure or lower volume not allowing the soap to be drawn. Not sure how you pull your soap into your pumps, but I force mine in under pressure with a Flojet pump. I got tired of messing with those zero pressure regulators, just too unpredictable for me and a pain to swap out.
I use a Generant regulator http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-327...2-pressure-regulator-hc-series-5-125-psi.aspx to lower the city water pressure and a Dema 203C injector http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-163...ries-water-flow-adjusted-with-orfices-38.aspx after the regulator to inject chemicals. Very seldom do I ever have any problems with this set up. I like this set up because I don’t have any water supply tanks or float valve problems. To make the pump pull more or less soap or wax all you have to do is lower or raise the water pressure ever so slightly. I run my Cat 310 pumps at around 1500 - 1600 psi.