What's new

$10,000

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
If I were given $10,000 and were told I had to spend it on myself self serve, I would ____________________ (fill in the blank)

MEP001

Reaction score
First choice, tile the walls.
Second choice, move the front vacuums away from the bays and add more in the rear along with a canopy.
Third choice, replace meter boxes and safes and add credit card acceptance.
Fourth choice, fix the low spot at the entrance where water stands most of the time.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing credit card acceptance. I would probably get cameras that record 100% of license plates. I have 14 cameras right now, but I need 3 or 4 that are just a bit more high definition to record license plates at the angles and distances required.

Also, I have been holding off on covered trash cans. I've been eyeing https://trashcansunlimited.com/dome...-lids-for-55-gallon-drums-9-styles-11-colors/ for a while. Specifically, the image in the center of the bottom row. There are a few customers who think it's fine to leave the convenience store next door, with 5 of their own trash cans, to come to mine and clean out their vehicle and leave without spending a penny. (Makes me sick). I bet if they had to get out of their cars to place the trash into the hole on top of the cover, they would be incentivized to find another trash can. And, if they throw it on the ground, I would have no problems giving video/license plate to law enforcement. Litter is a big problem in our city and law enforcement has a separate unit that only chases litterers and dumpers.

I could have a general contractor come look at what it would cost to fix the dilapidated structure that housed the old automatic. Hopefully that would be less than 10k.. lol

Lastly, I would buy another https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-43416-3-column-899-max-digi-max-display-vendor-with-slugbuster.aspx Laurel 3 column vendor. Customers can't seem to figure out how to use the single-column vendor. Pulling instead of pushing the lever is hard I guess. 🤷‍♀️

I feel like I'm a kid again making a wish list. Good thread!

Randy

Reaction score
I'd go on holiday, maybe a 3 or 4 week cruise or to Europe for a week or 2.

Damoni88

Reaction score
1. Patch holes in concrete.
2. Find a vaccum motor that shuts off immediately once it detects water being sucked up.
3. Put a voice speaker around bays and vaccums to tell cutomer pick up the trash they throw on the ground when a trash can is within arms reach or be fined for littering or dumping on private property.
4. Put more led colored lights around trim of wash.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
To me, the question should be "where can I spend $10,000 and get the best ROI?". I struggle with this. My car wash is clean , well maintained, takes credit cards, but does not have all the bells and whistles. I would like to upgrade my booms, add dryers, tire shine, etc. but I can't convince myself I would see a return on the investment.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
To me, the question should be "where can I spend $10,000 and get the best ROI?". I struggle with this. My car wash is clean , well maintained, takes credit cards, but does not have all the bells and whistles. I would like to upgrade my booms, add dryers, tire shine, etc. but I can't convince myself I would see a return on the investment.
Mel(Nc) good comment I get and understand what you mean from a return on your investment because everything is so expensive $4-$5K for a combo vac!....ouch! This is why I am always looking for good used equipment, even if I have to rebuild it. I spent a day traveling to pick-up some combo vacs that I got for a great price. Yeah I had to spend 3 to 400 in them to get them up and running but it beats $4-$5K for a new one. In that package I picked up an air shamee so that's next on the rebuild and install list.