What's new

Zierden offset booms or Mosmatic Z booms

mjc3333

Reaction score
Is there anyone currently using Zierden's model 206 offset boom (Z boom)?

If so...

1. What is it made of (Steel, Stainless, Plated, or a combo of all etc.)?
2. How long does the "swivel" assembly last?
3. What part breaks down the most (spindle,o rings,u bolts,springs,etc.)? There seems to be quite a few "parts" to the boom.

Also, is there anyone who was using a Zierden boom assembly (any model) that decided on using Mosmatic's Z booms when you updated to two or more ceiling booms per bay (HP gun, Foam Brush, Triple Foam, Air Dryer, etc).

If this was true, why did you go with the Mosmatic Z booms and not Zierden's model 206 offset booms?

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve been using Zierdan Water Boy booms since 1982 and have found them to be very reliable. The Model 206 is basically the same as a Model 204 but with a bent boom arm. If you can bend 1 inch EMT conduit you can make your own offset boom from a Model 204 boom. We use a 6’ 1 EMT conduit for our booms. www.zierden.com/waterboy/model206_features.asp

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So is this really and truly the best way for customers to get around the car w/foamy brush without the hose slap associated with wall-mount f.b. hoses?

Will Zierden be at the ICA Expo 2010 in Las Vegas?

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
So is this really and truly the best way for customers to get around the car w/foamy brush without the hose slap associated with wall-mount f.b. hoses?
It helps, but since the booms are offset in the bay there's still some of that. The Mosmatic double boom (two or even three hoses on one central swivel) is the best, but it also causes the biggest problem with tangled hoses. The idea is that a customer will use the gun, then go around the car only once with the brush, then go back to the gun. If they don't they either have to pass the brush around the high-pressure hose or they just swist them together (and leave them that way).

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
^That is the problem I run into with my D/H boom. It can be ridiculously frustrating since the brush usually ends up on the ground if they get all twisted up...

I would like to go to a "Z" style boom, but with a flat concrete roof, that would be a pretty serious modification to my trough and such...maybe if I get bored one day.

Etowah