What's new

Zep Pricing

Wet Spot

Reaction score
My chemical prices on Zep products has risen at least 25% in the last 9 months from my distributor . I normally order the 55 gal of blue coral soilaway and rainx in the 15 gal. What prices are you seeing for these products? What distributors in southern calif? Any other products comparable to these two products, they work great , but 25% in less than a year, how much higher will they go

MEP001

Reaction score
Unless you're buying direct from Zep, your prices are set by your saleman/rep. If you think you're being gouged, ask Zep for another place to buy from and do some price comparison.

I used to use Simoniz products. I just looked through some of the ones I used about ten years ago, and they've hardly gone up. They have some good products, and it's a well-known brand if you plan on marketing it.

soapy

Reaction score
I try to always buy direct from chemical companies. The middle men play games and will eventually raise prices more than just keeping pace on price raises. I buy direct from Zep and the products you mentioned have gone up in the last year but not at the amount you have stated.

washnshine

Reaction score
Unless you're buying direct from Zep, your prices are set by your saleman/rep. If you think you're being gouged, ask Zep for another place to buy from and do some price comparison.

I used to use Simoniz products. I just looked through some of the ones I used about ten years ago, and they've hardly gone up. They have some good products, and it's a well-known brand if you plan on marketing it.

MEP is correct. I use Simoniz and it is top- shelf chemicals with reasonable prices. They have a wide range of products that can probably replace anything you are currently using with a much lower cost.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Inagree w/ you guys on Simoniz, except their PreSoak stuff. I haven't found a great PS from them yet. What PS from Simoniz would yall recomend?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never tried a Simoniz presoak, but I'd try Waxman's mix.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My mix was 50 pounds of correct powder and about a third of a 5 gallon pail of Simoniz foam additive. It was very effective but I was putting it on very heavy. With my new chemical I get 500 cars per drum. I was nowhere near that with the Simoniz...

washnshine

Reaction score
Inagree w/ you guys on Simoniz, except their PreSoak stuff. I haven't found a great PS from them yet. What PS from Simoniz would yall recomend?
This is what everyone around me is using - a two step consisting of these two chemicals:

I’ve seen guys getting extremely good results with this combination.

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
I work for a distributor of zep, stone soap, and warsaw. Unfortunately all have gone up a bit but warsaw being the most. Out of the three ive noticed warsaw being watered down compared to pre-covid.

OurTown

Reaction score
I work for a distributor of zep, stone soap, and warsaw. Unfortunately all have gone up a bit but warsaw being the most. Out of the three ive noticed warsaw being watered down compared to pre-covid.

You are saying that Warsaw's chemicals are not as strong as they were? That's a straight up sham if that's true.

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
You are saying that Warsaw's chemicals are not as strong as they were? That's a straight up sham if that's true.
yes most noticeably the 704 carnuba. Tire shines like black magic and double shine have gone up over 200% since covid. Anything with a high amount of silicone is gonna cost you big.

soonermajic

Reaction score
yes most noticeably the 704 carnuba. Tire shines like black magic and double shine have gone up over 200% since covid. Anything with a high amount of silicone is gonna cost you big.
Not calling anyone out here, BUT, that's pretty disappointing if Warsaw is ARRIVING FROM THE MANUFACTURERS, already watered down... kinda hard to believe as well.

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
Not calling anyone out here, BUT, that's pretty disappointing if Warsaw is ARRIVING FROM THE MANUFACTURERS, already watered down... kinda hard to believe as well.
i operate a autec in bay with a carnuba foaminator bar. I was using warsaw 704 for years but since about a year ago it started coming so weak i had to bump up dillution from 500:1 to 200:1 just to make it look half decent. I switched to armor all extreme shine about 6 months ago and can run it at 600:1 with great results. The warsaw 704 barely has any scent and barely foams now.

OurTown

Reaction score
i operate a autec in bay with a carnuba foaminator bar. I was using warsaw 704 for years but since about a year ago it started coming so weak i had to bump up dillution from 500:1 to 200:1 just to make it look half decent. I switched to armor all extreme shine about 6 months ago and can run it at 600:1 with great results. The warsaw 704 barely has any scent and barely foams now.

Did you complain to Warsaw? You don't think there is an issue with the injector system?

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
Did you complain to Warsaw? You don't think there is an issue with the injector system?
all of our sites use dosatrons for the carnuba bars and they all are experiencing the weak warsaw chemical. When they switch to a different brand the problem is fixed.

washnshine

Reaction score
What is your opinion of Stone vs. some others? I wanted to try it many years ago, but there was no distributor near me and I got settled into the Simoniz line with great results.

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
What is your opinion of Stone vs. some others? I wanted to try it many years ago, but there was no distributor near me and I got settled into the Simoniz line with great results.
for self serve or in bat automatic?

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
Tunnel and self serve.
the only stone product we sell to tunnels is bug off for the prep stations. For self serves i like stone specifically their rainbow line. Do you use powder products at either?