What's new

Zep Chems???? Anybody?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Said again and again on this forum, you can't base your costs solely on the cost of the product. You need to determine it based on how many cars per cost unit you can wash.
And product performance.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right. That's why I asked about oz per car. That and the cost per ounce seems in my mind to be the way to calculate your true chemical costs. And of course the cars have to come out great. That helps sometimes!;)

dpessler

Reaction score
I think I'm using about 7oz. per car including presoak & wheel cleaner. I guess about 45 cents per car. I like the performance, Zep just has a reputation for charging different prices for the same product. That is why I was wanting to know what someone else was paying. Thanks! Doug

MEP001

Reaction score
dpessler said:
Zep just has a reputation for charging different prices for the same product.
It isn't Zep, it's the distributors. They can charge whatever they want.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Zep reps are basically in charge of their own business. They have some limits on what they can and can't charge but in most cases they are free to set their own pricing. Some are very competent car wash reps and are usually very competitive price wise. Others are involved with many different types of businesses and may or may not be very knowledgeable about car washing or offer competitive pricing.