What's new

You've been around, how long?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I cant remember the year, but I did attend the first official forum gathering. It was just Bill's hotel room and I'm the only guy that showed up. No, he did not slip me a roofie, (or at least I don't think he did). It was at the San Antonio convention sometime in the mid 90s.

Many of us got to witness the rise and fall (or stumble) of the SS car wash industry- Those gleaming palaces, "Taj Mahals" as they we known.

I miss a lot of the old guys- Galen and WR come to mind. I miss JJ too. Heck, I even miss Pat Crowe. I guess I'm just getting old and sentimental.

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, but this site continues to be a great resource. I still learn something here with almost every visit.

My enthusiasm has waned a bit, but in all honesty it's been a great business, this is a great site that has probably saved me thousands or tens of thousands over the years.

soapy

Reaction score
I think I started around 1995, As I recall there were only a few threads at the time.

cebo

Reaction score
Yea, it was a lot more active back in the day. Pat kept everybody riled up with his reading assignments. I still have some of his instructional" books he put out back in the 80's that I so disagreed with. Anyway this site has been good to me over the years.

MDrost1

Reaction score
2 years now. This site has been very, very helpful. Thank you to all the folks who have been so generous with their time and knowledge!

Randy

Reaction score
I believe I first got on the Forum back around 1995. I’ve made a lot of good friendships over the years and met a lot of interesting people on the forum. In the last 20 years I’ve seen a lot of people get into the car wash business and a lot get out, they kind of seem to just fade away. I still enjoy helping out operators who need help with their problems.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I've been around here for 5.5 years now. Like Randy, have made a lot of friendships and would have never made it as far as I have if it wasn't for the help from the members on the site. Just this past Thursday I had the opportunity to meet up with Randy and have lunch while on a trip to visit family close to Seattle. It was great to finally meet up with him! He was the first to reach out after getting "Strung" within weeks after buying the wash! He sent us a complete new changer without expecting a penny in advance. Who else would have done that?! There are a great bunch of guys here on the forum.

Last edited:

Scrub Free

Reaction score
New this year! I wish I joined 9 years ago when I first bought my wash, the information is invaluable.

L

loewem

Two years for me. Purchased my wash from a man that I think went by Captain on the forum. He was a pilot prior to building his wash. I'd bet he was on the forum for a long time. He told me to join the forum. Great guy...great friend. Between the previous owner, everyone on the forum and a lot of mistakes I've learned a lot. I've bugged the crap out of Randy. Randy is always patient, always helpful and hasn't laughed at me, yet. Still have a lot to learn, but hope to be able to share and help eventually. I also lucked out and found a local tech that has been in the business for over 30 years. A lot of great people in this business.

APW

Reaction score
Been here since 2012. I bought a wash at a auction not knowing anything about car washes. Without this forum I would be lost. Thanks to Randy and everyone else that has taking time to answer my questions. My wife and I are now building our second wash in a neighboring town.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Don't know. It was a couple of years before 3 dog night played the ICA show in Vegas. Went to show, got food, found a table with an open seat, sat down and introduced my self. One guy said my name sounded familiar. I said perhaps he frequented the forum - It was JJJ,and Bill P was also at the table.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
I joined in 2008 so my site says. Bill pitzer started the site I believe, is he still around, I think he sold it. I remember him helping me get set up. This site has been very valuable to me in a tough business. I wish posts were a little more evident on each persons region, as you know this business is demographically challenging. Overall love the site.

DavidM

Reaction score
I don't remember when I joined, I think it would have been around 2000. I mostly read, contributing occasionally if I think I have something to offer. The forum has been incredibly valuable - helping solve issues, getting ideas on how to do things better and saving money.
Thanks everyone!

washnshine

Reaction score
Just over two years for me. Really appreciate all the help everyone has given me and enjoy reading new comments/posts almost every day.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
2005 for me when I purchased my wash at an auction.

Shortly after the site was converted to the new format in 2007, I asked Bill if there was anyway to access the old postings. He said they were all gone.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly when I joined either, but I think it was in the late 90s. As Soapy says there weren't many posts in those days but they were interesting to read. Lots of great memories of early members who contributed knowledge to all of us---Soapy, Randy, EricH, PaulLovesJamie, CFCW----and many who do not post much or are gone----WR, Patrick Crowe, Pitzer, BobC & Shorco1. Lots of good people in this business who are members ----some whom I have never met.

Uncle Sam

Eric H

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly when I joined either, but I think it was in the late 90s. As Soapy says there weren't many posts in those days but they were interesting to read. Lots of great memories of early members who contributed knowledge to all of us---Soapy, Randy, EricH, PaulLovesJamie, CFCW----and many who do not post much or are gone----WR, Patrick Crowe, Pitzer, BobC & Shorco1. Lots of good people in this business who are members ----some whom I have never met.

Uncle Sam
You forgot to mention Michah (if I'm spelling that correctly). He ran a wash in Florida called "wizz wash" or "wash wizz". Somehow I ended up with one of his tokens in my machines,all the way up here in MA, and recognized it. I carried it in my wallet to one of the ICA shows but he did not go that year. I still have it here at my house somewhere but could not find it as I looked just now.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Eric,

You have a very good memory. His name is Micah and he has a wash or two in Florida, but I think he is pretty much retired. The name of his wash company is "Water Whirled"; he hasn't been to a World Show in a number of years. I think he has a nephew or another family member running the washes for him.

This the first show I have missed since 2000. Enjoy your trip to Nashville.

Uncle Sam

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Micah is anti-Vegas. I met him at the Orlando show in 2008. Maybe he will show up in Nashville. He's actually one of my Facebook friends, but I don't follow him because he posts too much political crap...ain't got time for that.