What's new

You've been around, how long?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I was just thinking, that I discovered this forum back in May 2000. Wow, I've been posting here for 16 years! I must be getting old. I've seen lots of names come and go here. I can only think of a few here today, that were here when I showed up. I know CFCW was here. I'm pretty sure Randy, Uncle Sam, and probably Soapy were as well. How long has everyone been here? Anyone have longer tenures that the ones I've mentioned? No particular reason, other than I'm just curious.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I met Bill in the early 2000's and was encouraged by him to join at that time but formally joined in 2007. I followed the Forum for several years before joining and contributing to it. At the time being affiliated with a large chemical company I was reluctant to contribute without bias both from the standpoint of being an employee and not wanted to bad mouth any possible competitor. I think it is representative of the spirit of the industry that I have enjoyed being a part of for over 35 years where operators and other professionals involved share their knowledge and experience freely to help each other improve their business.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Been here from 2007 I have learned alot and helped alot, this forum has been a daily goto site for me and I too have seen many come and go but the information that is shared here is priceless for years to come (I'm feelin a tear comin on LOL) to bad we don't have live video chat yet.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Been lurking since around 2004 joined in 07. Try to offer my best opinions where I feel I might be able to help out and always appreciated the positive input people offer. Cant stand the negative and down talk some post on here!!! Sometimes I even let them know about it:eek: Anyway good thread start I.B. interest to see what the feedback looks like on this one.

Eric H

Reaction score
I think I've been around here since around 2000, back when everyone used their real names. I had considered changing my handle the last time the forum was updated but didn't do it.
This forum has been a blessing to my success in this industry. I cannot imagine what kind of mess I would be in without the help of everyone here, new and old.
Can't wait to met some new people at the forum dinner

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Real new. About a year.

A very helpful forum, but also not very active compared to many of the other forums I frequent. I guess most guys are at their washes. lol

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
We went to the ICA show in Vegas in 2000, we were at the show in Nashville before that... hey remember the first forum gathering (I think it was the first!) in the parking lot at Nashville? Anyway, I learned about the ICA shows from the forum, and did not go for a couple years after having learned about it. So I think probably 1997. Yikes, am I older than IB??

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I've been here since at least 2005. It's hard to remember and due to the many database crashes that this site had in the early years there is no record of my real join date.

6t7gto

Reaction score
07 for me and only 124 posts.
I do more reading than posting.
I stop in everyday.
Thx for the forum.

correction 125 posts.

Seems everyone is from 2007???
I'm pretty sure I have been here longer then that.
I built my wash in 94.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Bill changed the forum format/software back in 2007. Everyone had to re-register and anything before went to forum heaven.

I wish I had saved my analysis of the stupid "Hot water freezes before cold" myth. It got a decent amount of chuckles.

Geeks, is there a way to find that old stuff in cyberspace? I know the exact day I posted it.

TimC

Reaction score
I got into this business in late 2004 and found this site shortly after that. I'm a daily lurker (this is what I read while I'm having my morning coffee). I rarely post anything, not sure why? I've learned quite a lot on this site, from posts about water softeners and RO, solenoids, valves, chemical, floor heat and too many other things to list. I can remember someone put a post on here when the new $10 bill came out and some of the validators treated it like a $20 bill. I went and tested some of my bill changers and sure enough they did exactly that. I'm not sure how much money and grief that post saved me?? I found Randy on this site, he has helped me many times with bill validators and a other things. I've had a lot of laughs over the years. I kind of miss the controversy that Pat Crowe and others here created and the responses that came in for days afterward... I remember how my heart sank when MikeV first posted about his battle with cancer. This site has been great for me. Thanks Bill and Jackson. WOW a trip down memory lane!! Thanks I.B.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Family & I moved outta Dallas to take care of ailing in-laws. Took huge paycuts, had great credit, going broke. Got bamboozled, by an owner & bought a wash. Equipment was as run down & old as the hills. Got busy on C-L, found some great buys, & this site has rescued me MANY TIMES! Been on here about 2 yrs (2014 started lurking , joined in 2015) so I'm probably newest member...w/ MOST posts! Ha

cap732000

Reaction score
Been lurking in shadows a minute!

I was first a member when I bought my first wash in 07. Had no clue about car washes but with the help of this site and trial and error I finally turned a profit and then sold and moved out of the area! Was determined to buy ministorages as I also had some of those at the same time. Then bam in 2013 bought two washes shutdown so back again after several year hiatus then bought the last wash in my town last year. Still havent got those storages but sure have learned alot from this site. Now I just got to figure out how to grow some more! Thanks for all the help in the past and future this site made me into what I believe is a pretty competent owner/operator!

MEP001

Reaction score
Bill changed the forum format/software back in 2007. Everyone had to re-register and anything before went to forum heaven.

I wish I had saved my analysis of the stupid "Hot water freezes before cold" myth. It got a decent amount of chuckles.

Geeks, is there a way to find that old stuff in cyberspace? I know the exact day I posted it.
The "How water freezes before cold" thread was fun to watch.

Someone may have the old forum stuff stored, but unless it's intentionally been made available on the 'net it's not accessible to us. I'd like to see it put up somewhere.

IIRC I joined the old forum around 1996, been in the car wash field at different levels since 1982 when I was an attendant while still in high school where I made my first "repair" by wrapping a whole roll of electrical tape around a shattered Lovejoy coupling on a tire cleaner pump.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Faded memories…
I recall trading some brand new meter box timers for a “Banner Ad” on Pitzer’s new forum.

And, meeting forum members at the first forum dinner.

And, discussions about converting to the new Golden $1 coin…and, when would the industry figure out a way to accept credit cards in the bays.

And, getting bashed by Patrick H Crowe.

And, logging onto AOL to check out the latest forum posts. (Who knew that one day, I’d be able to monitor my wash over the internet with my PC and iPhone?)

I left the supplier side in 2003, so I’m thinking I’ve been around since the mid 90s?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
since 2007. forum is awesome. great resource. reading some threads makes me realize just how far i've 'journeyed' into carwashing!