What's new

You can't buy this kind of publicity

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Our local paper published a story on how businesses have been affected by the Polar Vortex this winter. A 30 minute interview resulted in a front page story and lots of photos in both the printed and digital versions of the newspaper.

Link to story
Frozen assets: Businesses have to deal with winter weather

Shane Hoover
CantonRep.com staff writer
Posted Feb. 3, 2014 @ 7:00 am

PERRY TOWNSHIP
The roads were dry, the sun was shining, and the digital sign at Red Carpet Car Wash on Tuscarawas Street W flashed "6 degrees."
"It really kills business for us," Jon Shaw said of the teeth-chattering cold.
December through March is generally Red Carpet's busiest time. Motorists like to keep their cars and trucks free from salt and grime. But on this frigid mid-January Tuesday, Shaw was expecting only about 150 customers, many of them on pre-paid monthly plans.
"If it was 30 degrees in these conditions today, we'd wash 400 to 500 cars," he said.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
The tag line for the thread got my attention. A few years ago I had a van in a shop for work. The shop left the van outside with the keys in it. Well not only did it get stolen, but the perp then went across town and stole a purse from a lady at a gas station. The surveillance camera got a nice picture of my van with the company name on the side.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
When I was the General Manager of a car wash chain we had someone steal a car off the conveyor that led the police on a high speed chase. Unfortunately one of the local TV stations followed the chase live from a helicopter. The problem was that they kept saying the car was stolen from our car wash over and over. I know they say no publicity is bad publicity but I would rather not have them keep repeating the name of our wash as the place where the car was stolen during the chase.