What's new

Y2K(10) problem wth G2 Point of Sale system

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
I have a Hamilton Point of Sale G2 code system that has not been working properly since the year rolled over 2010. The system has become unreliable. You know you have the problem if you get an error msg. that says your system date should be 2016. I have been in contact with Hamilton and am currently working with them to hopfully find a solution. I am surprised that there has not already been a thread started on this issure. From my understanding, anyone with the G2 system has the corrupt software. I would like to hear from others and what solutions or issues they are finding. So far, Hamilton has not provided a fix...they seem like they want to find a solution, but thus far, no joy.

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
Today my system locked up again. It will still take codes sold from the satilite, but I can't access my system at the master. The only way to un-freeze it is to reboot. This means that any code sold prior to the reboot will be lost. This is about the sixth time this has happened in the past 45 days. My customers are getting suspicious of the codes and I fear they will stop buying them with confidence. Many of my customers will buy a car wash everytime they buy gas even if they don't wash that day. My codes are supposed to be good for 30 days...but not any more. I would sure like to know who else has this system and if you are having issues as well.

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
Well it appears I am the only one on this forum that has had this problem. To follow up, Hamilton has sent me a fix for the issue and I am currently taking codes like I should. Thanks Brad and thanks Hamilton.:)

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Don’t feel like your getting snubbed. You are probably the only one on this Forum that has the G2 system. The people here are great at helping when and if they can.

Etowah