What's new

X-stream Touchless Wash

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Its a shame to hear that JustClean. I hope Don will reply when he gets a chance...its always nice to hear both sides when things are posted on the internet. Autocare Forum has always been a good about letting dialouge take place. (one of the many reasons it is so useful)

This thread shows from the very start, my journey with X-Stream Touchless Wash. I am happier today than I was 4 years ago. Support and a positive attitude have ALWAYS been there when I needed it. Always ready to give me the solution I need. Even more surprising is that the support comes from the owner of the company itself. When you call for help that is who you get. Unheard of!!!!!

For instance, this last Friday (3-15)I damaged the interface on my machine (didn't pick up the cord, snagged with my foot and smashed to bits). Friday afternoon, Saturday (on and off all day), Sunday afternoon, and Monday morning were spent on the phone with Don Rennie (owner of X-Stream) trying to get me going again. He came up with every trick he could think of to get me by. Alas he could not fix the havoc I had spread. He wasn't satisfied when it came down to a day spent waiting on parts. It was MY fault not his and yet he was upset he couldn't get my wash back in business. I appreciate this. Something else I appreciate...in 4 years he has never sent me a bill for this kind of help. Not once! Not on a week day, not on a weekend....NEVER. He wants all of his machines working around the clock 24/7.

I can only speak from my experiece and my goal is not to discount what JustClean said. I am only offering a counterpoint ...I have had good dealings with Don and X-Stream. He has gone above and beyond more than once. I ask anyone interested to make the call and decide for themselves.

mac

Reaction score
I think this just shows the somewhat normal course of business. Let me state that I have never spoke with or met anyone with Xtreme. But I do know a little about business. My guess is that he had a bad day. It happens. Some of you that have seen my postings over the years may be surprised that even I, yes me, have pi##ed off some people over the years. In this case when you run the whole show, stuff just builds up and you can unload on the next hapless person you talk to. It again shows how some like to do business. Do you want the old time general store where they know your name, or Walmart?

kentadel

Reaction score
X-Stream

I have had the X-stream for 2 plus years now, and I am positive this was the right choice for me. I text-ed Don Rennie last night with a question, with the idea that I would get a reply early today. This was not an emergency, just a programming question. Don text-ed a reply within a minute, arranging a call time for this morning. Don asked me when I purchased the wash to text or email SOS if I have a serious problem, and he would respond directly, and he has done just that. I also have never been charged for support over the phone. Don knows my name, and I like the idea that if I have a question, the person who helps me is the person who designed and built the wash. I imagine there will be a day when he will be unable to handle both sales and support himself. There are several bigger companies out there, and they all do a nice job. I am sure that I would also be satisfied had I purchased one of these washes. The X-Stream seemed like a good fit for me, and has proven to be just that.

fatboy

Reaction score
We have our X-Stream for about a year and half. I would buy it again. As far as I'm concerned, no touch free comes close to cleaning the wheels like this product and having the flexibility in operating it. The programming capability is sweet. I have complete freedom to make changes, operate and control this machine from wherever I'm at (via smartphone or pc). If we need parts, we get it from the two big car wash parts suppliers. We are pretty self sufficient in maintaining our site.

ClassicsCW

Reaction score
Newbie to posting on the forum, but I'm really excited about pulling the trigger on a new X-stream. Getting set for a Memorial Day weekend grand opening.
So far so good with all my comunications with Don!

ClassicsCW

Reaction score
So, I've been up and running with my new X-Stream for about 6 weeks. It took a few weeks to get the bugs worked out, however I couldn't be happier. I'm going through the learning curve of touchless washing at the same time I'm learning a new machine. It's nice to not have to rely on a distributor and make easy adjustments quickly.
Even with strong locale competition, I'm starting to get a lot of positive complements and best of all return customers. As far as I know I'm the first in the upper mid-west...

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
So, I've been up and running with my new X-Stream for about 6 weeks. It took a few weeks to get the bugs worked out, however I couldn't be happier. I'm going through the learning curve of touchless washing at the same time I'm learning a new machine. It's nice to not have to rely on a distributor and make easy adjustments quickly.
Even with strong locale competition, I'm starting to get a lot of positive complements and best of all return customers. As far as I know I'm the first in the upper mid-west...
Where in Holland is your carwash located? I'm about 1/2 hour from there and would like to take look.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Where in Holland is your carwash located? I'm about 1/2 hour from there and would like to take look.
I've been there and its a nice location. 144th street I believe? Owner bought the wash and has made great strides improving and upgrading. Other than him being a Spartan fan I give it 2 thumbs up!!

AJ

kentadel

Reaction score
They are still making them. I have one, 5 years and working ok.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Guys I am being honest when I say this if someone gave me one of these machines for free today I wouldn't take it. A local operator I know In my area has one and has had so much trouble and hassle with both of his he ripped one out and put a WashWorld razor in and it's no comparison. The chain system on them is a true nightmare. I would give you his number inbox me and he will personal tell you how big a POS it is. I would stay away. His razor out cleans it also. People up my way give them away. I would rather have my old school southern pride Turbo that I used to have vs a extreme.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Guys I am being honest when I say this if someone gave me one of these machines for free today I wouldn't take it. A local operator I know In my area has one and has had so much trouble and hassle with both of his he ripped one out and put a WashWorld razor in and it's no comparison. The chain system on them is a true nightmare. I would give you his number inbox me and he will personal tell you how big a POS it is. I would stay away. His razor out cleans it also. People up my way give them away. I would rather have my old school southern pride Turbo that I used to have vs a extreme.
I am going on about 8 years with mine. Runs like a top. Neither I nor the seven machines I have installed have ever had an ongoing chain problem. They do wear out over time for sure. I don't worry about it due to the fact that you need to wash a bunch of cars to ruin it. If I can be of any assistance please inbox me I would be glad to help. Pretty simple system really and worth every penny. I have D&S machines, hydrosprays, and lasers around me and they struggle to keep up.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am going on about 8 years with mine. Runs like a top. Neither I nor the seven machines I have installed have ever had an ongoing chain problem. They do wear out over time for sure. I don't worry about it due to the fact that you need to wash a bunch of cars to ruin it. If I can be of any assistance please inbox me I would be glad to help. Pretty simple system really and worth every penny. I have D&S machines, hydrosprays, and lasers around me and they struggle to keep up.
I am good buddy. I know for a fact on this form JWSales_1 no longer has both his extreme that sight is near mine he put a WashWorld razor in and I beleive he wants to rip out the other one also and they were not that old. The Razor is so much nicer just saying better built in my opion. Differnt strokes for different folks. I would pay the extra 20K for a quality stainless top notch equipment.

Last edited:

wash4me

Reaction score
I don't have any connection to the X stream touchless. A couple years ago I did talk to the owner of the company about one and he seemed Like a genuine guy. I ended up buying a used Washworld high velocity. Anyone who threatens the distribution structure is cutting out the way the distributors make their living. An untold number of vile things will be said about anyone who cuts out the middleman. My gut instinct is that this is a hell of a machine and if anyone is giving one away please PM me and I'll be there to pick it up next week.

Etowah

jprb

Reaction score
They are still making them! I bought one about a year ago. It is running great. If you haven't seen one, they are worth a look. We looked at many of the big manufacturer washes, and chose the X-Stream. It does a great job at touchless cleaning, and is simple to work on (not that I've had to work on much!) I'm in Southeast Missouri if anyone would like to look at mine. Here is their website:
http://x-streamwashsystems.com/

JPRB

soonermajic

Reaction score
This is all very interesting. Seems lime that movie "Tucker, the Man & His Dream"....
Anyone else have experience or advice on these?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Looks like it couldn't do Dually trucks? Is it just basically for normal sized vehicles? A LOT of dually & Big pickup business where I am. Thinking I couldn't do many of those, with X-Treme. Is this correct, or not?
What about washing the tops of vehicles?

jprb

Reaction score
The X-Stream will wash a dually, and does a great job. There are two sets of high pressure nozzles. One set sprays the roof and rocker panels. The other set is on the side arms, and washes the front, back, and sides.

JPRB

wash4me

Reaction score
I spoke to AJ at extreme wash this morning. I told him I am probably getting a used machine but thanks for your time. He proceeded to give me advice on doors, wall types etc after I told him I wasn't buying a new machine now. Nice guy.