What's new

Wyndstar Doors

Reds

Reaction score
I have ultimate doors and am considering replacing them with Wyndstar. Either the MT or WS3 model. I searched for Wyndstar threads and most of them were a year or more old. Can anyone who has had these doors for a while tell me how they hold up? Do the panels stay clear? Any maintenance issues? How do they work in bitter cold weather? Does the color fade in the sun? Any info about the Wyndstar doors would be appreciated.

toddmullens

Reaction score
We recently purchased 4 wyndstar MT doors for a location due to the installation of a friction machine. We decided on the wyndstar model based on another local operator that has had them in operation for over four years without any problems. He said that he wished he could find an IBA that was as reliable as his doors were. So far the doors have done their job and look great. The only bad thing I have seen is the fiberglass frames that run vertical along the door opening. We had them installed less that 2 months and had a customer back into the frame for no apparent reason and cracked the fiberglass guide rail. Other than that, the doors are great.

DavidM

Reaction score
We have a set that was installed in 2005. The clear panels are still clear and the blue doesn't show any signs of fading. We had one minor problem with a control board. It was replaced with no hassle.
We also have two sets of polycarb doors. I would go with the Wyndstar style if I had it to do over.
Bitter cold doesn't affect the doors. We had subzero temps this winter with no issues.
David