What's new

WW2.0 pump Cat 3535 leak from pressure regulator

Reaction score
Hi there and happy new year.
Today, noticed there is a small leak from the pressure regulator on our cat pump on WW2.0 automatic machine. Looked at the oil reservoir and its full and milky asif water has gone to the crankshaft. Im thinking the pump needs new seals and the pressure regulator doing its job releasing extra pressure built up. Am I right? Pls see pics. I did reduce the oil a little bit to reduce extra pressure until we fix this.

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The two problems are unrelated. the leak on the regulator can be fixed with a few bucks worth of orings if you know how and are willing to source them. I may have a set of them I could mail. I've replaced the orings on the same regulator several times and the repair last for a couple years at least. You do need to get that fixed because air will get in the system and cause the pump to run rough.

Unless you know for a fact that the water in the oil happened suddenly I would change the oil at least once in the pump to see if the problem goes away. Condensation can cause the milking. I think MEP had a recipe of mixing tranny fluid with oil to help clean out the contaminated oil. You could search and see if you can find that. If the water comes back into the oil you're going to need to replace the oil seals which might be quite a job on that pump. Having owned about eight wizards over the years and washed several hundred K cars I've only had to replace the HP and LP seals a couple times and I've never replaced the oil seals. Those pumps are awesome. Perhaps someone here has and can tell us something.

Reaction score
Thanks, yes I changed the oil today and it looked pretty good. Not sure why it looks milky on the reservoir thing. My other issue is that when pump work that reservoir looks full, while idle the oil level is where the red dot is.
I am also getting to the conclusion to just fix the regulator for now. Thanks for the offer, I think I change the entire regulator.

Roz

Reaction score
Thanks, yes I changed the oil today and it looked pretty good. Not sure why it looks milky on the reservoir thing. My other issue is that when pump work that reservoir looks full, while idle the oil level is where the red dot is.
I am also getting to the conclusion to just fix the regulator for now. Thanks for the offer, I think I change the entire regulator.
What you are seeing in the oil
Level window is normal.