What's new

WW2.0 Alarm19

Reaction score
Hello, We keep getting this Alarm 19 which says "While lowering boom at the rear of car, boom safety eyes saw an obstruction". I did clean the 4 eyes on the boom but still the same. Not sure if this is related to this but I feel like the boom tilts much more than before specially on the front of the cars and not much on the back of the cars. Thanks

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Assuming they haven't indeed seen an obstruction, your safety eyes on the exit end of the gantry are likely marginal in performance. Those are hard to look at while washing. I use a mirror to look at their signal strength on the receiver when not washing. Those eyes will normally look through/around your fingers. Play with the eyes a bit and see if the one on the exit side is weaker than the other eye. Try a plastic polish or headlight polish (available at auto parts stores) to clean the eyes.

This would probably be detected and answered quicker in the Coleman sub forum

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED: As I said above the issue was that the boom was not tilting enough while washing the back of the cars. That made the water gets between the eyes and getting this error. However the solution was not fixing the lovejoints (Which I still need to do to keep my machine well maintained), but all had to do was to increase the air a little more by turning the air regulator located n the box on the driver side so it tilts more.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Glad that worked for you, but I don't think I've ever had problems with a good eye seeing through the water spray. They will look through (or around) the palm of my hand.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I would agree with Greg. I have never seen the angle of the boom spray affect the sensors. Those Banner eyes should easily see through the spray. Nearly always it is either a dirty sensor, water in the plug of the sensor, bad connection on the sensor or a faulty sensor. I did have a fault on a wash the other day that only occured when the sun was pointing directly at the receiver. The signal became really weak. A quick de-scale of the sensor fixed it though.

Reaction score
Sure i did order a set of new emitter and reciver eyes from coleman hanna just in case and still need to descale it with what Greg said above. But increasing the tilt definitely fixed the error. Perhaps the eyes are about to go bad or they need descaling. But this help to wash the back of the cars better.

Reaction score
Hello, could someone please confirm which regulator is for adjusting the tilt of the boom, so by adjusting it, the boom (when doing back of the car) tilts more/less? I have put a red rectangle around the one I thing is the right one, in this picture. Thanks.

Attachments

carwashireland

Reaction score
If you are looking down from above that dial then turn it clock wise a half turn at a time. I always set that up at about a 45 degree angle so I can hit the bottom of low vehicles. The more you turn the dial clockwise, the greater the air pressure and the higher it will tilt.