What's new

WW Razor - Tips for changing HP hose

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Apparently our Razor V4’s high pressure hose blew out today in the e-chain and needs replaced. My brother looked at it today and said it wasn’t straight forward as to how to go about getting it out. On our old Typhoon the E-Chain snapped open, but he couldn’t figure out how or if the Razor e-chain did the same.

Can someone share the best way to get the old hose out and reinstall the new hose? I’m sure you’ll be able to save me hundreds of cuss words with your knowledge.

Thanks

Blanco

Reaction score
Apparently our Razor V4’s high pressure hose blew out today in the e-chain and needs replaced. My brother looked at it today and said it wasn’t straight forward as to how to go about getting it out. On our old Typhoon the E-Chain snapped open, but he couldn’t figure out how or if the Razor e-chain did the same.

Can someone share the best way to get the old hose out and reinstall the new hose? I’m sure you’ll be able to save me hundreds of cuss words with your knowledge.

Thanks
Not sure what razor uses for energy chain but all igus e chains snap open. You just use a small flathead to get them open. I can't imagine your energy chain can't be opened. If you know the dimensions of your old hose you can use a coupling to connect the new hose to the old one then pull the old hose out from the other side which will feed your new hose in.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I ve done this 2x’s
Once my wife helped
And once at 1:00am by myself
Its easier if you have a helper
Move the carriage to the rear of the bay so the e chain is as flat as possible
Pull old hose out
Begin sliding new one in.
Once you get hose to the curve
Move the carriage forward far enough to get hose end up top and finish wiggling it the rest of the way.
With a helper it takes a couple minutes
Have ffun!

ShinePro

Reaction score
Fyi
When the time comes and you get to replace the one in the Carriage under the hood.
Its the same way
That one is a smaller area to work in but the same principle.
Just moving the arch.
In my unit- all hi pressure hoses are by themselves in the e chain slot.
Makes it fairly easy.

Reactions: PEI

STXCW

Reaction score
When pushing hoses through echains, I would add electrical tape to the fitting and add some grease to the tape. As mentioned above, start pushing and when the hose reaches the bend move the equipment so the end of the hose gets past the bend and keep pushing. Every once in while you do have to push the fitting back in to place so the hose can keep moving. But this is the best method I have used in the past.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. It wasn't too bad. Getting the old hose out was twice as hard as getting the new one back in. The dividers between the polylines and the HP hose were tight to the HP hose and kept getting hung up on the spiral wrap. Our bay width doesn't help either. We're about as narrow as can be which doesn't leave any room for big wrenches. Trying to get any leverage to break apart those fittings is no fun.

FYI... We tied some paracord to the old hose so we could use it to help pull the new one in. worked great.

I also can't believe how expensive hose has gotten the last several years. The 1" by 216" hose cost $522 from our local hose supplier.(n)

ShinePro

Reaction score
Good to hear!

Bought my last one just this past November
Part # WW42815 with new plastic wrap

$516.00

Before that it was May 2020
$454.20