What's new

WW Razor / Laserwash "pool noodle"

JustClean

Reaction score
FYI
I got a price for my foam on the Razor arch.....after recovering from my heart attack I thought there must be a cheaper AND NICE way to replace this stupid pool noodle. Honestly, I don't know what PDQ charges but Washworld's price is a rip-off!
I bought three Jumbo pool noodles from a pool shop. I now had to widen the inner diameter to fit the arch pipe diameter. I made a steel cone in the right size, attached it to a rod, heated it up and pushed it through the foam. Perfect! Then I drilled the holes for the nozzles with a hole saw. BUT BACKWARDS! So it wouldn't rip the material. Then I put it all back together. Since the pool noodle is not as long as the original foam I had to add a second piece. You wouldn't even see it. Here's how it looks. :)

Attachments

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I invented the pool noodle trick… i used to use them on my superior sidetrack.

Don B.

Reaction score
Yeah, I just replaced mine a while back. I’m like you and about fell over when I saw the price. I went ahead and bought it. That’s a good idea, even if it don’t last as long. You can buy a lot of pool noodles for what they want!

sparkey

Reaction score
I put a pool noodle on mine also. Can't really tell the difference.