What's new

Ww 2.0

Etowah

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Does anybody know where we can get the 2.0 banner eyes other than jcc? I called banner a while back and they told me the eyes where made for jcc and were proprietary / over priced

Thanks

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You can now order them from any banner distributor but they aren't that much cheaper. I think some of the CW supply houses sell them.

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
I recently (w/in last couple months) ordered the eyes off of Banner's website. If I remember correctly, they were $40-50 less than JCC.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Ok so we may be talking about different eyes because I was told the same thing again from banner and KR said they don't have access to these eyes. The banner eyes I'm looking for are hard wired, not the quick disconnect.

I believe the receiver part number to be qs30ex-15606

washnvac

Reaction score
Just looked on eBay, and found it for $75. Not sure what you pay from JC.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I recently (w/in last couple months) ordered the eyes off of Banner's website. If I remember correctly, they were $40-50 less than JCC.
My knowledge is on ww1 eyes.... but banner's site beat kr prices. Which I guarantee both sites beat JCC prices. :)

txheat

Reaction score
jc went to hard wired because corrosion problems. I have not tried to find them anywhere since. We have both.
For the hard wired right (qs30ex-15606 & qs30ARX-15616) now its available at JCC. I just got some from my distributor/technicians waiting on their invoice to see how much it cost. As for quick connect (QS30EXQP-74009 & QS30ARXQP-74010), available at several places . WalkerEMD, PLC, CWS, and ebay if ur lucky.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I will remind people that most of these problems with the eyes ARE the connector, and many non functioning eyes can be made functional by cutting the ends off and soldering the wires.

That modification, plus some plastic polish for the aging/clouded lens, makes these eyes are fairly durable.

txheat

Reaction score
For reference these can also be purchase from GEA of texas.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Car wash hack - So I had a couple eyes that were acting up on me you know there going bad because you can see the green corrosion on the quick disconnect. For the hell of it I took FB 3/8 hose and slide directly over the connection then filled both ends with diaelctric grease. For good measure I zip tied the hose in place at both ends and voila been working great for over a month now with no more errors

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
That a good idea. I have used silicone sealant to solve some floor eye problems, but the silicone grease in the hose should work well.

In frustration in the past I have filled an entire floor eye box with a tube of silicone sealant. I believe that made my problem go away for years.

I'm finding that even after soldering and using marine grade shrink I'm eventually getting corrosion in the repaired connections. last week I had to replace a floor eye that I repaired in the past. The transmitter was stuck on channel two. However, I am using cheap harbor freight marine heat shrink. I will swap to a better grade ike 3m and see if the longevity improves.