What's new

WW 2.0 Vibration

Reaction score
Hello, just noticed significant vibration on high pressure rinse when the machines spraying from the boom to wash back and front of the cars. Could you please let me know if you have seen this problem? Is the problem with the Valves (link below), or the unloader (second link below). Or no it is with the Solenoid Valves inside the cabinet on the passenger side which decides to send water only to the boom nozzle. We see the vibration right after the discharge in the Mechanical Room, so to me its unlikely that the problem is out in the bay somewhere. Thanks alot.
Here is short video of the vibration.

Attachments

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
That sounds like cavitation from the pump not getting enough water flow. It could be from a line draining empty of water and the plumbing to the pump being insufficient to let it fill properly, or a number of other problems. It's not the valves or it would pulsate all the time. It's probably not the regulator.

FWIW, this regulator will work just as well (They last longer in my experience) for a lot less money:

Reaction score
yes exactly, it pulsates only when starts washing back and front of the cars which is from the boom nozzles. Reading what the Regulator supposed to be doing, it says when there is an obstruction or release of obstruction it makes sure the pressure stays the same. In this case when the water stops from all the nozzles, and only comes from the boom nozzles, it puts more obstruction on the pump and more water needs to circulate through the regulators. That why I thought its the regulator. I also see the vibration on the gauge right after the regulator.
To your point about cavitation, perhaps the check valve inside the unloader is failing and not enough water comes through? here is what is says on its spec" Its check valve has a hexagonal shape to avoid jamming.". I guess it is jamming now.

could this issue be related to the fact that a fitting right after tge regulator has a small leak? Thats where air gets into the pump? Its a super small leak. I thouggt the fitting has a hole in it due to the vibration, not that it is the hole that creates the vibration. See tge pic of where the hole is on the fitting.

Attachments

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Reading what the Regulator supposed to be doing, it says when there is an obstruction or release of obstruction it makes sure the pressure stays the same. In this case when the water stops from all the nozzles, and only comes from the boom nozzles, it puts more obstruction on the pump and more water needs to circulate through the regulators.
That's not how unloaders work. If there's a complete obstruction, it will run the pump with no pressure but keep the lines to everything downstream pressurized. That isn't ever going to happen with your unit, and that's why I recommended the balanced pressure regulator. There's less to go wrong, but the unloader will do the same job.

That leak is very likely your problem because it could be allowing air to the pump.

It's not the unloader because the pump is rough until it comes up to pressure. The unloader doesn't do anything until the pump fully comes up to pressure.

Reaction score
UPDATE: Changed the leaky fitting, and it looks like the vibration is gone. But boy it was hard to fit the new part in with these solid high pressure hoses.
Thanks again, YOU GUYS ROCK.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Anytime you have a water leak on the inlet side of the pump air can get in.

That unloader will eventually leak and cause vibration,, but you can rebuild it with a few O-rings.