What's new

WW 2.0 hit rear of vehicle

Lofty

Reaction score
I'm an operator in Australia who has viewed this forum for a long time and finally decided I have something to contribute. I have a WW 2.0 where the boom came down at rear of vehicle, stayed down and then the gantry moved forward, bending the boom and wiping out the rear end of the vehicle $2000 damage! I found what had happened, one of the boom prox switches came on indicating the boom had gone home. If this occurs, the safety eyes don't stop the problem because the software has been told the boom is home. Reason for the post is we had reports for a couple of days of strange things happening which we couldn't put our finger on. Suggestion is if you have the boom doing weird things, check that the prox switches aren't flickering and carrying on.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks Lofty. Do you know what version software you have?

I might add I have recently seen an upgrade for fusion and wizards that puts a sensor on the boom to prevent vehicle strikes such as what you describe.

Lofty

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Regarding our program, the HMI version is 2.37 and the PLC is 2.38
If there is a modification for the boom I assume it would have to be eyes which would protrude forward of the boom but sit below the boom home position when up to be of any benefit. Do you know what it looks like?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
My distributor actually sent an email out about it, but I think I deleted it. It actually is a padded physical switch that supposedly lift the boom if it comes in contact with something. Software is included, but if I recall it was not a cheap upgrade- 2K U.S. I think?