What's new

WW 1.0 Unloader

wisheewashee

Reaction score
I have an unloader on my WW 1.0 pump stand that is leaking like a sive. Have you had success in fixing these with a kit? Or replacing?

Thank you for the help

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have tried to fix but most times they don't last very long, usually less than a year. would replace. They are available at the mail order houses.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Where to find?

If you have a good place to purchase these I would appreciate the info. Would rather not pay Jim Coleman $6000 plus shipping for a $100 part :eek:

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
If you have a good place to purchase these I would appreciate the info. Would rather not pay Jim Coleman $6000 plus shipping for a $100 part :eek:
I believe I bought one from Dultmeier. I also tried to rebuild one with o-rings I found around town at the auto stores, it did not last but a few days, I ordered a kit that was made for the rebuild and it lasted a lot longer like ten months to a year.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I had a lot of success with a rebuild kit from KR. I have rebuilt two and neither have leaked for at least a year now.

MEP001

Reaction score
Rebuilding them depends on whether the brass has eroded in the seating area.

I use the same regulator to replace adjustable pop-offs on the Vector. I've found that once they get bad enough to leak through the adjustment handle that they will no longer hold a kit.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
I use a General unloader on my Cat 3535...Windtrax part # YU221 for $338.93

phred113

Reaction score
I recommend replacing the unloader and not repairing. I view unloaders like oil in a car - you change them completely in order to maximize machine's useful life. Too often I have seen other people's pumps fail from a worn or recently repaired unloader. IMHO, GP unloaders are the worst and GIANT's work the best. If you can use a regulator like MEP001 mentioned, you will have a very simple device that should work long enough and be inexpensive to replace. Unloaders are complex with more parts to fail.