What's new

WW 1.0 Losing One of Its 4 Wash Recipes Sometimes

Carl

Reaction score
I have two WW 1.0's, nine-years-old, well-maintained. At first this problem was hard to figure out but now that I've seen it happen twice before; I recognize it more quickly!

Each of my WW 1.0's has lost an entire wash recipe from the Red Lion requiring the wash passes all be reprogrammed. Tonight, I've figured out that a customer's problem w/ her wash acting so weird and never spraying anything onto her car, just the gantry moving up and back the track, was that my $6.00 Wash's recipe is again GONE/ERASED so I will have to input each wash pass, save it again to the Red Lion and then I'll be back in business again!

Any recommendations to help this not happen again so frequently or is this a normal thing for a nearly ten-year-old "computer part" to do after degrading after years of use? Or is there something I can do to make my wash recipes "hold" better and not get erased at the rate of once every few weeks? Should this part (Red Lion memory) hold better than this at 9-years-old?

Thanks! - Carl

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am starting to have similar problems with my WW 1.0's red lion (8 years old). On my one machine the gantry will start moving up and down the track if I do any programming at all. When you reprogram your recipe try saving it to another recipe number (in the 20's or 30's). I know there was an issue at one point with mine if I saved it to the same number recipe.

WizardManiac

Reaction score
Recipes are stored in PLC program( memory) not in RED LION(HMI) your problem should be communication problems either a bad comm cable or one of the Inputs/Outputs cards or any of the Compo-bus devices,wish you luck!:):):):):)

DJGall

Dirty Dawg
Reaction score
Anyone have a source to buy replacement Red Lion controllers?? I hear they are scarce.

Reaction score
You might try changing the cable from the redlion to the plc first, the programs are stored there. you can get a card and keep a backup and then just reload instead of reprogram.