What's new

WW 1.0 going to long

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I've got a WW 1.0 that has started having a problem with some 4 door long bed pickups. It will apply both passes of presoak and then do the rocker panels and sometimes it will do 2 passes of high pressure, but when it gets to the back of the truck it keeps going until it hits the rear stop and tell the driver to exit. Sometimes it shows drive motor ran to long and sometimes it just resets itself. Has anyone had this problem or know what may be causing this. Thanks

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I would check the proxy eye on the track wheel on passenger side of gantry, sometimes the wheel will slide or get worn and not roll and not give the correct count for gantry to move.

washnvac

Reaction score
I had that issue a while back. The rear floor prox had failed. Replaced it, and no more issue. You can manually run it to the rear and it should stop when the prox sees the floor plate. If it keeps trying to go, then that prox has an issue. Either it is bad or the wire is bad or both.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Got it all worked out. Somehow the bearing on the drivers side idler wheel had gotten crooked and when the bridge went close to the end of the rail it would jump off the track. Got that fixed and thought that had fixed it but wound up changing the end rail prox and cord and so far so good.