What's new

WSII resetting when change dispensed

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I have had an intermittent issue with the wsII resetting anytime the cube dispenses quarters. I say intermittent because it will work fine for a week then out of the blue the calls start rolling in. Takes the money- no change - no wash. The whole unit turns off and back on in 1 sec then shows the software version, date etc.. It works perfectly as long as the customer uses exact change or cc. I have replaced the hopper and wiring with the same result. I had the same exact problem 1 yr ago anytime the speech option would come on and had to replace the 5v ps1100 power supply. I was told to install new power supply again and if that doesn't work motherboard! Feels like I'm ****ing in the wind

Is it possible something is causing my power supplies to burn out? Power spikes/ surges.

Seems strange to have two power supplies to burn out in under a year

The unit has been in service for 13 years and has 5.33 software

Maybe it's time for portal :(

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
A variant of peeing was bleeped in first post so I wanted to see if urinating would be as well. I Didn't know it is a dirty word.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Two power supplies in a year doesn't sound right. What is the power source like? Is it clean, what's the voltage and current draw? Are they in spec? Does the voltage dip when high draw device kicks in (like the dryers, HP pump, etc)? Is the WSII on its own circuit or shared with other devices?

I think the problem is elsewhere if everything is in spec. I think the problem coincidences with something else is kicking in and running while trying to dispense coins. When you think about it, the hopper likely draws more than just about anything else in the WSII. So if the power feed is not good or low the hopper dispense draws enough power to lower the voltage below what is acceptable to the WSII, it will shutdown, then reboot as the hopper has stopped dispensing. It will then be OK, until the exact same situation arises. If you have cameras I would look at what else is happening when it does this.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Yeah, other than checking things such as your wiring to the unit I'm not sure what you could do. You have replaced the cable once, but make sure it is secured in place and not getting pinched in some fashion when you tilt out the hopper. On a slow day you could probably undo the wiring at the WSII and temporarily install a receptacle. plug in something that causes a moderate load (hair dryer/heat gun)and see if the voltage drops when under a load. If so, replace the breaker and redo all wiring connections

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Installed new power supply so far so good. Your posts got me thinking we installed a ww2.0 with blowers several years ago about the time these weird issues started. We also had someone back into and over the wsII several years ago and needed to rewire the whole thing so I'll check wiring and load. I know it's on its own circuit but I have battery back ups for my security cams and they come on(beep) when the blowers come on (lights also dim a little) which points things in that direction. Thanks guys I'll keep you posted

bigleo48

Reaction score
Then you may also have a grounding issue. They can be tricky to troubleshoot, but I'd be calling an electrician to have a look.