What's new

WSII - background light

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hi, one of our WS background light stopped working. Basically at night nobody can read nothing at any screen. We have a whole unit that we inherited from another site before they demolished.

Really don't want to start replacing parts without nothing exactly which one is bad. Since the are two screens (one for the prices and the top one with messages) don't think both got bad at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Hi, one of our WS background light stopped working. Basically at night nobody can read nothing at any screen. We have a whole unit that we inherited from another site before they demolished.

Really don't want to start replacing parts without nothing exactly which one is bad. Since the are two screens (one for the prices and the top one with messages) don't think both got bad at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
would make sure I had a good ground before go replacing parts.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
One of my WS display’s were dimmer than my other unit and then went dark completely. I figured the 5vdc power was the issue. While in the machine this morning I simply unplugged the J1 plug on the bottom left corner of the I/O board on the door and reseated it. Voila...backlighting is working again.
Before throwing money at it and replacing everything start isolating and ruling things out. Remove the top main display and go plug it into your other machine...if it works move on. Swap the relay I/O into your other machine...if it works, rule that out. Etc.

daynightsigns

Reaction score
I noticed that on a few of mine. A little bit of corrosion after 15 years. Glad you got it going!