What's new

Wraps Tangeling up

benny2

Reaction score
One of my guys didn’t hit the wrap retract yesterday and the trailer hitch of an Expedition caused them to tangle up. I have the soft stops position as far out as they go to try and prevent this and it happened anyway. Is there a way to set this up so it never happens at all?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Define "tangle Up" each wrap with the other or tangle up on the hitch?
What kind of wraps?

benny2

Reaction score
Each wrap with each other. I have Neoglide on my wraps. Sonnys

gearhead

Reaction score
Following. New to tunnel operation and was wondering how others handle trailer hitches. After watching what the wraps do when they hit the hitch, I don't allow them anymore. I yank them when I can. Cant be good on the hubs.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have AVW wraps and the Trailer hitch does not seem to be a huge issue. It just goes thru.

benny2

Reaction score
We take them off when we can as well, but some customers have locks on them and don’t have the key. I explained to my employees not to load a car until the vehicle with the hitch is through the wraps if they miss it and don’t hit wrap retract

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
First we explain to the customer what we are going to do since they did not remove their hitch before entering the wash.
We tell them that cannot be responsible for any damage since they did not remove their hitch and the next time they must remove the hitch before getting into the line so not to slow us down.
If the hitch cannot be removed before entering and we’re lined up we will prep the rear thoroughly.
We will watch the wraps. As soon as the the first wrap starts to go around the back fender we press the stop button.
Once the wrap glides down the rear and stops we start the conveyor, there is a slight delay after the conveyor starts before the wraps starts which gives us distance between the hitch and wrap.
Once the next wrap starts around the rear bumper we do the same thing. We start the equipment again.
It’s not perfect but for us it works.
Unfortunately we do not have a wrap retract.

hkim310

Reaction score
We train our preppers to select the wrap retract button when they see a trailer hitch and the wraps clean the entire car but just bump out for the back. There are times when the prepper has not selected the wrap retract but our wraps just bump over the trailer hitch and seem to be fine.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Trailer hitches may be popular but they are not standard equipment. So, if your wraps can’t handle certain ones, why not charge extra to wash them instead of spending money to accommodate them?