What's new

Wrap problem

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
I have a very odd problem.

Our first set of wraps wont spin sometimes. And by sometimes I mean only on our top ($15) wash. The really odd part is that its not EVERY $15 wash. The power pack seems fine, when they run on the other washes (and on the $15 that it works) they run great.

All the programming in my WBC is good, I've replaced relays and fuses etc. When they don't spin the WBC isn't even trying to turn them on, no light at all...but if I manually turn them on by flipping the switch they turn on every time. The hydraulic arm to extend and do the mirror bump works every time no matter what.

Any ideas on at least starting to trouble-shoot this problem?

Like I said, what's tripping me up on the diagnosis is that its only on the top wash, and not on every wash. I literally cannot recreated the issue except when it does it at random (4-8 times a day)

Thanks in advance.

garbageman

Reaction score
Electric or hydraulic?
What Brand/model?
Is there a separate function in the WBC just for either the electric drives or hydraulic power pack just for the wraps?
Do they turn on properly manually?

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Make sure the programming for that relay in the wbc is set to mandatory.

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
Hydraulic. The retract and the hydraulics for the spin are separate relays and programmed separately. Its set to "Selective" not "Mandatory" but that's because we don't use it on our lowest, $3 Wash (although we do use it for $6, $10, $12, and $15). It's a sonny's wrap. And it works EVERY time when I turn it on manually.

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
The busier it is the more it seems to happen, but I chalked that up to the fact that we have more chances for it to happen.

My assistant talked to ICS last night and they swore up and down it was a hydraulic issue even thought the relay doesn't even turn on when it happens. He finally talked them into trying something on their end, so after we closed they reset the board in the WBC. So far this morning it hasn't happened, but we've only been open an hour and a half.

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
UPDATE: 3.5 hours in and still no problems. The board reset seemed to have worked. Thanks for all the help so far guys!