What's new

WOW! Look at this show special

mac

Reaction score
One of my competitors is sending out ads claiming super show discounts. In the ad they say that their top of the line machine normally lists for around $145,000. But wait, they are saying that during the show it will be reduced by around $45,000. This just begs a few questions.
1. Does anyone actually believe this?
2. Let's say you recently bought one of these at list. How would you feel?
3. Most companies are in business to make money. Even at the discount they are making something. At normal list, are they gouging you?

So I have a strategy. At the show I am going to say that my top of the line machine lists for $265,000. But wait, if you buy at the show I will discount it a whopping $115,000. Now that's a discount !

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I agree Mac. Those car lot tactics grind my gears as well. The last machine I bought had a 20K discount for trade-in (that they didn't take), and another 5K because my old machine was crashed out of service. What the hell difference does it make why I need it? This is an adult world dealing in 7 figure sales. Don't treat me like I'm bubba at the car lot dickering to buy a '92 S-10.

mac

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I'm not that sharp on moving documents from my email to here. I'll be back in my office and get it done tomorrow.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yes, but I noticed that it didn't include the touchless wheel cleaner. Pretty sure that was included in the $99k special.
the original $99k did NOT include the touchless wheel blaster (about 6 mos ago)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Still would like to see the flyer Mac.

Well guys out of curiosity I called my Ryko rep and spoke with him. The show special has expired, but they said they can work on getting some sort of deal. I gotta admit that I had dismissed ryko in the past, but nearly 180K for a new five brush unit form others vs maybe ~125K from Ryko makes for a deal worth further investigation.

I know a common complaint we have had in the past is that there are "no deals" to be had at the show. It sounds like Ryko came through with one. However, I can also see that causing some issues because no way would I be willing to pay list for something I could have bought for 45K less a week ago. However, I'm sure that a large portion of customers never see or hear of that special. Heck, I went to the show for one day and didn't know about it until this thread.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Greg I have the ad as an attachment in an email. I tried to copy and paste but because of the format it's in I can't do that. Send me your email address and I'l forward it to you.

OurTown

Reaction score
Greg I have the ad as an attachment in an email. I tried to copy and paste but because of the format it's in I can't do that. Send me your email address and I'l forward it to you.

Can you print it, scan it, save it as a JPEG and post it as a photo?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Wow, that's an attractive price. I went to Atlanta and washed in one and it put on quite a light show- almost too much. I wonder if the owner put extra lights on it.

Not sure this thread is going the way Mac intended :) Having said that, If I called tomorrow and they said "price was special at the show and no longer available, I would reply, "OK, thanks, maybe I'll buy one next year when you guys run a special."

Last edited:

MGSMN

Reaction score
was it for their Touchless OHD as well?
Ryko had four promotions for the show on their website:
SoftGloss 5 Brush $89,999.00
SoftGloss 5 Brush with HP $99,999.00
SoftGloss 3 Brush with HP $89,999.00
Radius $89,999.00
All had free installation, tear out, 1 year parts/labor and $1000 signage
No dryer specials though

Etowah