What's new

wow, has Sonny's changed

mac

Reaction score
So now that I'm buying small orders of parts and supplies for my wash, I decided to open an account at Sonnys, as they are close and shipping was only one day here in FL. They used to send out a large catalog with everything you needed. Not anymore. There is now a $250 minimum on any order. They explained they now really only cater to conveyor washes. Mind you, I am not busting their chops for this. It's their business and they can run it as they see fit. I will however bust their chops for having to press #1 to speak English when you call them. The times, they are a'changin.

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
Most will connect you even if you don't press 1. And anyone that forces me to press 1 gets an ear full about it.

mac

Reaction score
Yes I am quite aware of most of the changes going on. The market was way overbuilt and most of the closed ones were ran by rookies that had no clue how to properly run one. But there is still a market for it. Just don’t build new, know how to set things up and fix it, and you can still do nicely. And with Sonnys if you don’t press one no one answers. I do understand there is a bigger margin selling a conveyor chain than a Flojet.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
$250 min order?

News to me.

I've ordered small parts from them many times, even recently, and never had a problem.

mac

Reaction score
All I know is that I recently, two days ago, tried to open a new account, and was told that in an email. Maybe I should call back, press #1, and ask again.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
The Press #1 thing has always annoyed me. I've even given the Sonny's employee whose voice is the one on the message shit about it.

washnshine

Reaction score
Just hoping someday we all don’t have to press #2.