What's new

Worthy 1st Time Investment?

BattlefieldWash

Reaction score
Thinking of getting into the car wash business after passing by a car wash that was for sale with a realtor at one time, but no longer. Doesn't appear to have changed owners though. Original listing was for $495,000 on just under 2 acres. Seems really high given the condition.

It's been closed since at least 2019 (Google Maps show it for sale by owner and the condition suggests it's been closed).

They claim over 13,000 cars pass daily. And 26,000 enter the intersection everyday and is near a 7,000 home subdivision. My research on DOT traffic shows about 8600 cars daily, but I'm new to this and may not be reading the spreadsheet correctly.

Appears it was a 1 IBA and 3 SS, but I'm not sure how much of the automatic is left. Old listings claim 5 bays. 3 vacuums.

Looking at the mechanical room pic seems to show that no equipment for IBA or SS bays is present.

Would this be a good investment for a 1st timer car wash owner?

Attachments

Roz

Reaction score
It is more work than some people think. But can be relatively easier time if you keep ahead of issues with regular maintenance.

you may enjoy reading this article for inspiration.

MEP001

Reaction score
No car wash "basically runs itself," at least not without a good manager or attendant. You also will not be sitting on the hood of a Maserati at 21 from your car wash income, unless you're an idiot.

kentadel

Reaction score
Agree with Randy. It's a lot that comes with a demolition job. Run.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
No car wash "basically runs itself," at least not without a good manager or attendant. You also will not be sitting on the hood of a Maserati at 21 from your car wash income, unless you're an idiot.
I always sit on the hood of my Maserati..... Oh wait, I drive a 2005 Toyota Hilux. Must have got mixed up somewhere.