What's new

Worldpay/IQ/cryptopay problems

bert79

Reaction score
So I'm a little frustrated with Cryptopay/Worldpay right now. First, I have been generally very happy with Cryptopay in the three months that we have had it installed. It seems to work flawlessly and the money just ends up our bank account (much easier than counting cash). Up until Feb 1st Worldpay has been fairly easy to deal with also. As of February 1st there apparently have been some changes at Worldpay and the platform on which I access my Worldpay account online has changed to an "IQ" site (which is very difficult to navigate). Up until the switch if I needed to refund a cc customer I would call Worldpay and give them some basic card info and a time and they would refund the customer. I tried this morning and was told that I had to contact a new customer service phone number. When I called them they gave me the full credit card info and expiration of the transaction that I wished to refund and tried to tell me to use the terminal to refund the customer. When I told them I don't have a terminal they told me to contact Cryptopay. Argh! Cryptopay customer service is not open yet (I'm in MI) so I thought I would see if anyone has run into similar issues and if anyone has found a solution. Thank you!

Roz

Reaction score
I offer the customer their money back in the form of $1 tokens and they have been fine with that solution - but I can count the number of refund requests on one hand.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Yep, saves a lot of time and builds goodwill. Also seldom happens. Just give them cash and have them sign a receipt in cse they also try to kick it back to the credit card company.

br549ms

Reaction score
Be carful giving cash back on a card transaction. I had a two different customers who asked for a refund on unlimited package and like above we just gave them cash. Over the next few days they told the credit card co that they did not make the charge and wanted the card credited back. the merchant gave them the credit back and we were out the Cash. Tried several times, many letters proving my case to no avail. Now, I always give refunds back on the card if that is what they used.

MEP001

Reaction score
Good faith should prevent that from happening, but if it does, that's why you want their personal info so you can deny them a refund next time.

bert79

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. Until now I have loved the ease of calling Worldpay to issue refunds (in reality I’ve only had to do this 2 or 3 times). One of these was for a customer who forgot to press the button on the swiper when finished. Issuing a refund by calling Worldpay has been easier than mailing cash or meeting a customer at the wash. I spent a lot of time on the phone with worldpay and cryptopay yesterday. Apparently worldpay was purchased by a different company but will still be operating under the same name. Cryptopay however is having to do some major upgrades, software-wise, to everyones’s coordinator to meet the demands of the new owners of worldpay. Cryptopay told me that this process will take approximately 3-4 months and is all done during the night when there arent many customers. For now I was told to call Cryptopay to issue refunds for customers. Eventually with the new IQ system that they are moving us to, we will be able to issue refunds online on our own.