What's new

World Pay / Cryptopay change???

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got an email today saying due to a Mastercard Mandate, Worldpay will change to Worldpay gateway.

Has anyone else gotten this email and is it legit???

Roz

Reaction score
They have my email and I have not heard about any change. Way too many email based scams happening such that I always use two step verification for anything. Best to call them directly and ask as I found them to be most helpful via the phone. Every question has been answered, or they researched the question and called me back in a timely manner with the answer.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Update:

I am now getting emails from Worldpay Gateway. Don't know what is going on though. Seems to me like it is ligit, but I haven't clicked any provided links yet.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I got an email too. Haven’t contacted cryptopay to ask yet.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I am now getting emails from Worldpay Gateway. Don't know what is going on though. Seems to me like it is ligit, but I haven't clicked any provided links yet.

Ditto, I signed up for it, following the links I was given in the email but it looks like it's not tied to any of the cryptopay stuff and more to be used with an e-commerce website.

Scottyk

Reaction score
I heard a rumor from a friend, "take that for what its worth" that cryptopay got hacked, I know cryptopay has business handling crypto currency such as bitcoins, which have most recently skyrocketed in price. So I could understand the sudden interest in such a act.

I did receive a email as well and I replied asking what the email is about because it did not have a clear explanation at all. I have yet to hear back from them and that was a couple days ago.

About all we can do is keep an eye on the account, I also use my personal CC as a washdown card so I always keep a close eye on my bank account to make sure nobody is hacking in. Im not one to wear a tinfoil hat but hacking and fraud has proven to be common these days. Im already not too happy about the amount of fees charged for the CC service so if they did get hacked into that might be reason enough to change, assuming other companies are cheaper anyway.

APW

Reaction score
This is a email I received from Worldpay.

Sorry for the confusion. We are having to move all cryptopay merchants over to a new gateway to adhere to MasterCard’s series II bin requirements. You are part of a select few that were added to the first few hundred sites. It doesn’t affect your processing in any way and if we didn’t you guys would be subjected to fines. I’m sorry for no notice but we were unable to buypass a hard coded email issue in our system. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
The following is my chat with Crypto Pay:

James:Hello, my name is James. How may I help You today?

jeff:Whats going on with worldpay.. They are sending cryptic emails telling me I need to set up a new account.

James:We apologize for any confusion associated with the recent email you received from World Pay concerning the Link Gateway setup.

At this time, no action on your part is required.

These new terminal ID numbers are being created for a software update that will be performed by CryptoPay in the coming months.

This update is required to meet new requirements by MasterCard, and we are making efferts to insure no disruption in processing occurs to your account.

jeff:completely ignore it? I'll still be able to access everything I need on my existing worldpay account?

James:No nothing will change.

jeff:thanks I'll ignore and delete the emails I received.

James:Your Welcome.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I got the same email and called worldpay to verify the email wasn’t spam. I spoke with an awesome cs rep who told me they had to update the accounts because the new MasterCard chip card wasn’t compatible with the old gateway. Apperantly if they didn’t update then we wouldn’t get paid from these types of cards