What's new

Woo Hoo My First Car Wash!!!

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
I prefer to run separate presoak lines to each bay with 3/8" OD nylon tubing. Normally I just use a Flojet at 90 PSI, but I have had people request higher pressure and used a Procon at 120 PSI. I'd rather run it at 90, too much chemical use at higher pressures. I don't run any needle valves on liquid side, just the air and barely cracked open to help get the liquid to the tip and just barely foam it.

Which tire cleaner setup sputters, the one with the same hose to the bay or the one with separate lines? If it's the latter, your tire cleaner could be too weak. Powdered chemicals usually don't have enough foaming agent to make it come out a smooth foam.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I prefer to run separate presoak lines to each bay with 3/8" OD nylon tubing. Normally I just use a Flojet at 90 PSI, but I have had people request higher pressure and used a Procon at 120 PSI. I'd rather run it at 90, too much chemical use at higher pressures. I don't run any needle valves on liquid side, just the air and barely cracked open to help get the liquid to the tip and just barely foam it.

Which tire cleaner setup sputters, the one with the same hose to the bay or the one with separate lines? If it's the latter, your tire cleaner could be too weak. Powdered chemicals usually don't have enough foaming agent to make it come out a smooth foam.
Actually both sputter. I'm going to remove the fluid regulator and put a regulator and pressure gauge feeding just the Flojet. That would give me better readings and control.
Are you running 90 to the Flojet or from the Flojet?

MEP001

Reaction score
I run 90 PSI from it at the peak of the pump cycle.